So Proud of Myself!

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I want to cloth diaper but can't afford to buy any. Well, I did some research online and found out how to make a fitted diaper and then I found a pattern. I searched my house for materials and started making my first cloth diaper. I attached the pictures. :) I still have some work to do on it and a little fixing up to do, but I'm so proud it turned out as well as it did. I expected it to be much worse. And to add to my joy, I know it's not going to leak. I had it laying under Mady while she was laying on the floor, she just happened to pee on it and it's still dry on the outside. :thumbup:

Sorry for the pointless thread, but I just had to share. :happydance:

Attachments

• cloth diaper.jpg
    cloth diaper.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 21
  • cloth diaper2.jpg
    cloth diaper2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 13
wow that looks fab :thumbsup: well done hun :dance: look forward to seeing some more creations! x

That looks great! It's amazing what you can do with stuff lying round the house. Somebody posted a link a while ago to how to make a nappy out of a t-shirt. I suppose that's for a newborn but you could adapt it by adding some inserts.

That looks great! It's amazing what you can do with stuff lying round the house. Somebody posted a link a while ago to how to make a nappy out of a t-shirt. I suppose that's for a newborn but you could adapt it by adding some inserts.

The very first one i made was out of a old towel at the back of the airing cupboard lol

I made mine out of Aiden's old receiving blankets and another blanket we picked up at a garage sale this last summer that we've never even used. All I had to buy was some elastic, velcro, and pins :haha:

Even my OH is helping. He's doing the sewing because the sewing machine doesn't like working for me. :)

Today we picked up some more arctic fleece for $5 total and I'll be able to make four diapers out of it.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of Mady's completed diaper (on her) later today.

Can't wait to officially join you all here. :happydance:

I made mine out of Aiden's old receiving blankets and another blanket we picked up at a garage sale this last summer that we've never even used. All I had to buy was some elastic, velcro, and pins :haha:

Even my OH is helping. He's doing the sewing because the sewing machine doesn't like working for me. :)

Today we picked up some more arctic fleece for $5 total and I'll be able to make four diapers out of it.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of Mady's completed diaper (on her) later today.

Can't wait to officially join you all here. :happydance:

yay can't wait to see action shots!

thats really good, i remember my first nappy lol, i made it out of curtain material with teeshirt on the inside, i never actually tried it on her cos i forgot until she was too old, i know what im doing now but the first nappy was cute hehe

x

Here's two pictures of Mady in her new diaper. :happydance:

Attachments

• 0416101825.jpg
    0416101825.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 0416101826a.jpg
    0416101826a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
Oh that's so cute!!
It's not a pointless thread at all, I think it's fab :)

Well done ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->