So really...how possible is it...?

_pinky_

Naturally TTC
Reaction score
Honestly, how possible is it to have a negative HPT but still be pregnant, 3 days after AF was due?

I have taken 3 equate blue dye tests, all 3 showed VERY ghost like blue lines (hold up to the sun and squint type of lines) within the two minutes..but I heard horrible things about blue dye so I went out and got a box of 2 ANSWER early detection brand pink tests. Took one yesterday morning with FMU with high hopes, but it was a big fat BFN. I cried and was pissed off all day, and felt very sorry for Hubs.

He still thinks I'm pregnant because of the way I have been feeling/acting..but I figured he's a man what does he know?

AF was due 22nd and there is no signs of her...but negative HPTs :nope:
I would consider later OV..but it seems like I have been showing signs for almost a couple of weeks, which makes me wonder if its all been in my head. Although...how do I imagine plentiful and prominent blue veins in my breasts that have never been there before, besides with my first pregnancy? (ended in MC).

Hubs says to wait a week to test again so I don't go mad. I agree with him but 95% of me feels like theres no hope..when before that negative Answer test I had 100% HOPE that I was.

I am going to wait a while to get a blood test as well, because the only DRs office in town that accepts my insurance is my Mother's. And if I told her that I wanted to go to the doctor and not tell her what wrong, she would automatically detect pregnancy...and Hubs and I want to keep this secret for now, considering what happened with out last pregnancy.

So I guess my question is...how possible is it, really, to be getting a negative HPT 3 days after AF..when with my last pregnancy I had a big fat positive the day of missed period? Don't worry about hurting my feelings..:hugs:

It's just as possible as anything else really. Just because you're already late for AF doesn't mean 100% that a BFN is a BFN. And, just because you got a BFP earlier with your first pg doesn't mean that you'd get one that soon with your next pg. Keep your head up and your hands FAR AWAY from blue dye tests! EVIL I SAY! :) I don't know why they're on the market anymore at all!!!

FX'd & Loads of :dust: to you! :)

Thank hun. I'm feeling a tad bit better. I try to tell myself that if it really is negative then it must not be my time no matter how much I don't like that idea :wacko:

I just checked my cervix for the first time, ever..and it is so high that I can't even touch it, but I have a lot of watery whitish CM..so if this is a good sign or not who knows? ](*,)

I know that technically the cervix is supposed to move down and get firm in the 3rd week of your cycle and then should move back up and get soft again (but closed) if you're pregnant. BUT! They say that this moving back up process can be within just a few weeks up to a couple of months of the pregnancy. I've also seen people say that their cervix doesn't follow this pattern. Checking cervical position once doesn't really tell much of anything. You're supposed to track the position each day at the same time of day in as close to the same physical position as possible to reduce the variables. I'd love to say that it means you're pregnant, and it might, but it's definitely not a guarantee of any sort! :hugs: to you, hun! I'd love to know what's up with me too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->