So sad

HBGirl

Reaction score
This morning I dropped my tiny baby girl off at the vet for a spay. Since I fell pregnant she has had 2 heats in 6 weeks. My hormones have pushed her into some endocrine changes.

The past 10 days she has had some behavioural issues, she has been subdued, anxious and whingy. After an exam this morning she was diagnosed with false pregnancy so I left her there for a spay. It has broken my heart but I have determined that the risks outweigh the benefits.

I was going to have her covered by a champion stud in December 2014 but she is my first priority.

Vibes for princess Riley.

Attachments

• Riley.jpg
    Riley.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 9
She is gorgeous. She is my little princess. Thanks for the compliment. :)

She is awake. Her poor uterus was double the size it should be. I hope she can start feeling better now. :(

Aw. Bless her.
You did the right thing.

Lovely dog

Aww she's gorgeous!!
you done the right thing :hugs: hope she recovers quickly

I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. :winkwink: Wishing her a speedy recovery! :hugs:

Your dog is so gorgeous. I think you've done the right thing. Hope she recovers quickly xxx

She gorgeous and I'm so happy she's doing well.

It is a shame you didn't get to breed or show her, but spays are so healthy for dogs. She'll be much more comfortable from here on out.

She was shown. She is a champion. Spays can be healthy sometimes, not all the time. Pediatric spays are aweful. Anything before the first heat is not good for a dog. There is a lot of evidence that being intact for as long as possible is healthier for bitches as well as dogs.

She was shown. She is a champion. Spays can be healthy sometimes, not all the time. Pediatric spays are aweful. Anything before the first heat is not good for a dog. There is a lot of evidence that being intact for as long as possible is healthier for bitches as well as dogs.

Really? My vet told me it was best to get my little girl spayed as soon as she reached 6 months as it was better for her. She's 5 months now so would've been next month - unsure what to do now. Hope Riley recovers quickly x

Really? My vet told me it was best to get my little girl spayed as soon as she reached 6 months as it was better for her. She's 5 months now so would've been next month - unsure what to do now. Hope Riley recovers quickly x

There is a wealth of information available on allowing them to mature before spays. I work at a vet and we tell people to spay early simply because most people should not be trusted to manage an intact bitch.

The main issue that arrises is spay incontinence. There are other problems bepending on the breed. Dealing with a bitch in heat is not fun. Its messy, they are whingy, won't eat and demanding. It all has to do with your feeling on it.

I will never spay or neuter an animal I own before 2 years old. To me, that is akin to performing a hysterectomy on an 8 year old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->