So sad...

meldmac

Mom to an angel and Colin
Reaction score
My father and step-mom had to put their Golden Retriever down last night. It was for the best she was 13 and had 2 seizures yesterday but I know how heartbroken they are. I called my step-mom this morning and she broke out crying as soon as she heard it was me. Wish I could be there for them right now but we live 2000 miles away. She was such a beautiful dog in every way. She loved everyone and made you smile every time she came in the room. Up until her last days she acted like a puppy when she saw anyone and would give you her undivided attention. She was very much part of the family and it feels like I've lost a sister. Maybe that sounds silly to some. I will miss you Callie :cry:

Here is a pic of her when we were visiting in September of this year.

Attachments

• DSCN1873.jpg
    DSCN1873.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 5
Oh i am so sorry :( this made me cry!!! Anything to do with animals breaks my heart :( She is a beautiful dog! Like you say it was for the best, may she rest in peace xxxxxxxx :hugs:

Aaawwwww R.I.P Callie!! :( She can chase my poor bunny rabbit around now in the sky!!
xx

Awww, your thread has made me cry :cry: I know I will be devistated when my Alfie dies but he's only 4 so hopefully a long way away yet! 13 is a very good age for a retriever, I bet she had a wonderul life xxx

:hugs:

My Mum had to have her little dog put down a couple of months ago, it was so sad. She'd been with us about 12 years and was such a part of the family, but she had cancer and it had gotten really bad :( My Mum still has the ashes next to her bed.

RIP Callie! xx

I had to do the same back in 2010, my doggie was only 6 and like u said until the day before he died was just like a puppy!! He was fine one Wednesday when u got home then an hour later started to fit. He had 6 in 24 hours in the end. Prob the most hardest decision in my life do far but had him Put to sleep. It was heartbreaking but knew it was the best him for him as he was in pain :(
Big hugs to u and your family xx

I'm sorry for your loss, it's terrible when pets pass away. She looked a lovely dog :hugs:

:hugs: Dogs are so involved and part of the family xxx

Awww so sorry for your loss :(
Our dog is 14, rottie/shepherd mix, and when he goes, we will all be heartbroken. I kind of feel that OH will never really be the same when Floyd does go, but as a family, we will all stick together and stay strong :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->