So scared - antenatal depression

linz1988

Reaction score
My pregnancy last year i developed a severe case of depression, i was crying for hours each day. Id be washing up, ironing, doing the garden crying for no reason at all!
Im ashamed to admit this but i really disliked being around my precious little girl! It all started by me waking up one morning thinking i no longer want this baby in pregnant with! Even though s/he was planned and very much wanted.. At 11.5 weeks i booked in to have a termination at 12 weeks 5 days. My 12 week scan was the day before and i attended it just to see if it would bring back any feelings! The scan revealed i had had a MMC at 8 weeks! I had a d&c and after that it got worse but was put on anti depressants and cured!! After that i really mourned the baby id lost.. Because its then i realised jus how sad i was but at the time i was relieved!

Im starting to feel how i did in the early stages' dreading getting out of bed, thinkin how many hours are left until i can go back to bed, spaced out, isolated. And crying last night and this mornin ive been in tears. Im so scared! I feel like its starting all over again :(

Go see you dr. Try and get your depression under control before it gets too much worse.
Have you got a good support system in place? Friends? Family? Medical and mental health professionals?

Really sorry you are going through this. You absolutely need to talk to your Dr or any other trusted medical practitioner as soon as possible. You shouldn't have to suffer, especially when there are people that can help you.

Try and nip it in the bud and get is resolved before you feel any worse hun. Good luck, sending you positive energy! :flower:

Thankyou ladies! Reading your replies made me feel a lot better! I have a good support system i just feel quite embarrased as everyone sees me as this easy going comedian.. But i will definetly talk about my problems with them and arrange a doctors appointment!!

Ive never ever suffered with depression .. Not until my last pregnancy..my pregnancy with my daughter.. i was absolutely fine

This pregnancy and my pregnancy last year i was prescribed progesterone supposetries..at 9 weeks. Then 10 weeks is when ive started to get these depression symptoms.. Coincidence.. I think not! The last time i was put on antidepressants and within 2 weeks i was cured! I dont no if i was cured by anti depressants or by the hormones leaving my system

Don't worry about people's perception of you. Robin Williams was a comedian too.
Antidepressants are awesome when they work. Of course, they can take 6 weeks to kick in which is why it's best to get help early, particularly since you have a past history of antenatal depressiom.
Good luck and take care!

If it makes you feel better, depression is caused by chemical imbalances (and I'd assume that antenatal depression is also quite tightly linked to all of the hormones from pregnancy) - it's not different than having to go to the doctor because you get migraines or have an injury or something like that! I hope your doctor is able to give you something to help, and that you're able to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and are able to enjoy your healthy little baby in a few months. :)

At that point it truly is better to be on medication while pregnant than not to be. That mental state isn't healthy for anyone and it's out of your hands to control without help, go see your doctor! Depression is the worst feeling in the world!!

Thank you ladies i most definetly will on monday when its open xxx

i've suffered severe depression after my second loss, scary place where i've stayed for over a year and let me tell you, people around me took me as a funny easy going comedian while i was literally being suicidal (so i understand Robin Williams really really well).

nothing ever in my life got me depressed, no matter how insane or hard it was, until the loss, and of course besides the devastation of losing my baby, hormones played a big big role in pulling me down no matter how i felt.

i think the progesterone supplementary you're taking could really play a MASSIVE role there. i had a friend who got instantly severely depressed after a damn depo provera shot. to the point she started waking up at night crying her heart out out of nothing and wishing to take her own life. she was so besides herself that she was afraid of staying home alone. she got better after a while (when the hormones had left the system), had the second shot as scheduled and bam - the same thing. that was when she realized what was going on and switched to another form of contraception. never had other depression episodes ever since.

is there any way for you NOT to take progesterone? maybe your body can deal with the natural amount it is producing by itself, but the extra dose sends it out of whack? and if you have to take it, although i'm one of those who advocate for postponing antidepressants as much as possible as they cause dependencies and instability unless you really treat the underlying cause... here i'd say go for it, as the reason of your depression is purely chemical and hormonal and not emotional, so i'd go for it as they may help to re-balance your body!

:hugs:

Thankyou ladies! Reading your replies made me feel a lot better! I have a good support system i just feel quite embarrased as everyone sees me as this easy going comedian.. But i will definetly talk about my problems with them and arrange a doctors appointment!!

Ive never ever suffered with depression .. Not until my last pregnancy..my pregnancy with my daughter.. i was absolutely fine

This pregnancy and my pregnancy last year i was prescribed progesterone supposetries..at 9 weeks. Then 10 weeks is when ive started to get these depression symptoms.. Coincidence.. I think not! The last time i was put on antidepressants and within 2 weeks i was cured! I dont no if i was cured by anti depressants or by the hormones leaving my system

I think you will be quite surprised how much your friends & family will understand. Remember no one can read your mind, you need to give your family/friends a chance to support you by giving them an honest insight in it to how you are feeling. Communication is key in a situation like this. If strangers on a forum understand you, imagine the support your family & friends can offer you! When you book the app make sure you stress the urgency of seeing your Dr asap. You're already on the road to getting better, keep us updated with your progress. Best of luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->