So scared I won't look pregnant

harlantr1

Reaction score
I've been a fluffy woman most of my adult life. I lost about 35 pounds before I got pregnant just to feel healthier (hadn't gotten pregnant after 2 years so it was a surprise) :happydance: but I'm still fluffy. I have a muffin top, my upper belly protrudes a little and I have a pouch on my lower stomach. I'm so excited to be having my first baby and part of that excitement for me is walking around with a big old baby belly!!

That being said, becuase I am overweight with a fat pooch, I'm so scared I will never actually look pregnant, just fatter. Makes me so sad.

Any other plus size woman feel this way - or experience a pregnancy and actually look pregnant and adorable?? :nope:

Trust me you will look pregnant. I am rather cuddly and whilst it took a bit longer to get the nice round tummy I did get one and there was no mistaking it by 6 months :)

Don't worry Hun you'll definitely look pregnant! I feared this the whole entire time. I started out at 275 I'm currently 33+6 and 279 lbs. attached is my 12 week pic (with my chubby belly) and the other is 33 weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 64
I lost 20lbs before I got pregnant this time and I popped at about 6 weeks. I look further than I am. I look probably 7 months but I'm 17 weeks tomorrow.

I'm 5'9" and was just under 300lbs when I got pregnant with DS, (6 years ago) and while I may not have started showing as early as a skinny lady, by about 6-7 months you could defiantly tell I was pregnant. Since your just a little fluffy, don't worry about it, soon you'll have your adorable little bump. :)

Don't worry Hun you'll definitely look pregnant! I feared this the whole entire time. I started out at 275 I'm currently 33+6 and 279 lbs. attached is my 12 week pic (with my chubby belly) and the other is 33 weeks

AAAH!!! I love this pic!! You are adorable and thank you so much for helping my fears. It's scary you know and I want all the fun of this pregnancy!

Thank you so much! Your words helped calm my fears for sure. It's all just so stressful!

I know it sounds ridiculous but I want to pop soon!! :)

you will defenitely get a bump hun.. im waaayyyy past the fluffy mark and i got a bump with ds2. I dare say ill get one this time too :) It might not be the "solid" bump that slimmer women get as sometimes the bottom part is still wobbly (mine certainly was) but you will 100% look pregnant <3 xx

I think it depends a lot on your body and your uterus and your baby to be honest. I'm overweight but I'm very short and my uterus is tilted forwards, but I usually carry all my weight up front anyways so I looked pregnant before I was actually pregnant. I lost some weight in the 1st trimester but I was still Fluffy too and I've got a nice sized bump :)

I'm a big girl, and this is my fear also. Had the bank lady ask if I was 7-8 months..I'm 8 weeks. That sucked! People don't guess numbers; they ask. ~lol~ My husband was laughing the whole way home about that one. Hoping I'll have a nice round baby belly. I have fluffy friends, and you could tell with them. I'm not overly worried. We'll have to keep each other posted! :)

I looked at it from the other side. For the first time ever, when I was pregnant I didn't have to care about looking overweight. It was fab.

I'm a big lady and I had bumps with both of mine I carried my first pregnancy smaller till about 7.5 month then I just ballooned all over this turned out to be my princess my second pregnancy I carried more out front but my bump wasn't noticeable Untill about 6 months this was my lil man! You will get a bump Hun don't worry and have a bum and elbows sticking out here n there :) Here's to a healthy happy pregnancy for you xx

I had a tummy before getting pregnant too.

The changes I am undergoing have been remarkable though! In the first trimester I LOST a total of 3 lbs and put on about 5-6 inches on my waist.
All of this, while exercising and eating healthy. :p

I will be leaving the 1st trimester Friday and I definitely already look a little pregnant.
And I am sure I will only look more pregnant as time progresses.

Just hold your head up high and remember that your body is changing and growing for the best reason. :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I am about a 12-14 size in North American sizing, so I am overweight, but not technically plus size. I carry a lot of weight in my belly, bum and thighs. I am slightly worried when I would look pregnant, too. I want to wear cute maternity stuff, but don't want to just look ginormous. I am hoping to turn flab into obviously round baby.

I was obese in my first pregnancy, and think I had a pretty decent round bump. This is at 36ish weeks. It got bigger!

https://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p666/teddynorman/10c5d47cc1f4c437c8ce0568de378afa_zpsf834adfd.jpg

With my first pregnancy... it took a while before I actually looked pregnant and not just like I was getting fatter. I also had some upper stomach fat along with a pooch on the bottom. I think around 21w is when I felt like I actually started to look like I was pregnant. And definitely by 23w I was starting to look pregnant instead of just fat heh.
Really hoping that w/ this 2nd one, I'll start looking pregnant sooner.
I know that's not totally reassuring but you'll get that bump eventually and will be able to poke it out proudly :D

I was obese in my first pregnancy, and think I had a pretty decent round bump. This is at 36ish weeks. It got bigger!

https://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p666/teddynorman/10c5d47cc1f4c437c8ce0568de378afa_zpsf834adfd.jpg

Well that's adorable!!! Love this pic :)

I'm sure you'll get a nice bump! Some overweight women take longer to show, but some end up looking pregnant even earlier. They skip the "is she or isn't she?" stage and go right to bump as everything gets pushed up and out. Make sure to wear clothes that shape and highlight instead of concealing - there was a long plus size bump thread at one point and most of the posters swore by belly bands and over bump pants, with fitted shirts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->