So scared

Js32313

Reaction score
I got my BFP about two weeks ago. I am guessing I am around 6 weeks but do not know for sure. Last Friday I got alittle brownish discharge after having a vowel movement. Then nothing on Saturday. Alittle more on Sunday agian after bowel movement. Called doc first thing Monday. They had me get blood test. My blood work came back really good they said. hCG was over 12,000. I didn't have any other spotting until last night. I had to go to the bathroom. Spotted alittle. Then this morning still alittle more. Just on tp. I have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow anyway. We were going to make sure everything was ok and also get a date. I am so scared tho. Has anyone had any spotting like this? I am so happy to be pregnant and so afraid something wrong because of the spotting.

Spotting is terrifying but often really normal, speaking from experience here! At 6 weeks it could be left over implantation bleeding, if it gets heavy, bright red, clots or pain then it's more likely to be a worry but light spotting us really common. Good luck at your scan

I agree with spicyorange.

I've also read that bowel movements can cause it (especially straining). Not that it necessarily causes it, but from what I read, it can dislodge old blood.

I had brown discharge from 5+4 until 7+3 with about 6 small brown clots during that time. My initial ultrasound at 6+1 (with hcg over 18,000) showed gestational sac only and measured 5+5, but by 7+4 baby had caught up, right on target, and everything looked perfect (and they were unable to find the source of the spotting/clots).

With your levels being over 12,000, as hard as I know it is, try not to worry if they don't see everything. That's what really worried me because mine were over 10,000 and thought they should have seen more.

I know spotting is scary. I've had more than enough of it, but spotting doesn't always mean it's bad. Even though it doesn't always mean it's bad, I know it's still hard to go through.

I hope your scan goes well and keep us posted :hugs:

Thanks for the support. I am so nervous. This is our first and very wanted. My husband has been amazing and super supportive. We have our u/S at 2:20. I am so nervous. I really hope that things go well and everything is ok. This spotting is super scary tho. I don't like it at all but I hope it's nothing seriious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->