So sick of people commenting on my belly...rant

I understand completely , though I'm on the other side of it. My baby is measuring quite small, only in the 10th percentile, and tbh I'm a little worried about it.. So every time someone goes on and on about how small I am, or if I'm sure I'm 35 weeks, I get more and more anxious and paranoid about her being small. I wish people would just keep their assessments to themselves. Or just say we look lovely and that's it. Ugh I feel your pain!
Same with me :( it's worrying enough knowing baby is on smaller size, people are awful sometimes! I've started snapping back.other day a woman I know in the supermarket said "well, 3 weeks to go? Your bump isn't very big is it?" So I said "what size is it suppose to be" she didn't know what to say!

Op ignore them, ignorant people!

It sucks when complete strangers & people who are supposed to love and care for you both think it's acceptable to pass comment on your size. My brother in law (who is socially challenged as far as I am concerned) called me fatty twice last night. The first time I said 'I'm not fat, I'm pregnant - what's your excuse' he came up with a rubbish reply- not funny or smart.
He then called me fatty again & I told him atleast I was going to lose most of the weight overnight in 4 weeks time whilst he would remain a fat git forever. It was the end of my tether grrrrr!

Ooh people are pissing me off with the "youre really fat now" comments..."ooh youve surprise twins"...."you look like a space hopper about to pop".... Well no freaking shit!! Im 5 days from my due date do you really expect me to be small!!!!! There have been some people that everytime iv eaten something like a bag of crisps or ice lolly have turned around and said ooh that baby is gonna come out 16 stone with all that your putting away!! As it happens you eejit iv only put on a stone in nigh on 40 weeks of pregnancy due to illness but actually baby is fine thanks for asking!! People really annoy me asking about weight and telling me about my bump etc....oh and also just to all the idiots on the street "its not ok to ask a random person what they plan on doing with their breasts!!!!"
Sorry ladies had a mini rant there lol!! Xxxx

Omg I feel all your pain...

I've not gained any weight as I had really severe ms and now vomit every day from indigestion heartburn type crap. Ive got a huge belly... Like I am measuring 37 weeks but wtf business is it of yours to tell me I'm huge....

Like coz of just walk up to a stranger and go "Jeze your fat"

I don't look pregnant from behind and I wasn't big to begin with... I'm not fat I'm fucking pregnant!!!!

I don't get it! What do people think... Do they not realise how big a baby is... Like am I supposd to not look big??? There is a human in ther!!!!

Also the "you won't make it til the end" bullshit... R u saying size dictates when the babies born coz I am the one visiting the me every two weeks and she said nothing of the sort... Infact I think that's just ridiculous!

I teach around 100 teenage students a day and they are all polite and ask appropriate, suitable questions about my pregnancy and never mention my size. Unfortunately its the other teachers/staff who think its OK to tell me how huge I look and discuss how early the baby will probably arrive..!

As for strangers.. I went to a restaurant a couple of weeks ago and had to wait for a table. When one became available the waiter leading us to the table said 'I have a booth available but I'm not sure you'll fit'!!!! I sat down (with a few inches to spare) and then decided actually I didn't want to eat there - when we left I gave the waiter a piece of my mind and pointed out he wouldn't have said that comment if i was just 'fat' and he did look very guilty - hopefully he will think twice when the next pregnant lady goes there!

I think its easier to tell someone they have upset you or said something inappropriate if you know you aren't going to see them again

Another one to add to my list "I bet you regret all those tattoos now you're pregnant" Umm.. What???
The look on her face when my heavily tattood husband and 3 kids caught up to me was priceless

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->