So sick of urinary/vaginal infections!! Bladder never feels empty

samisoam

Reaction score
I am at my wits end right now. I started feeling a frequent urge to urinate often at around 6 weeks and read that it was normal until my doctor said it was in fact, not normal, and that I had an aggressive UTI. After a very painful antibiotic injection the UTI seem to have gone away. Then surprise surprise a bacterial vaginosis followed suit. So then I was put on antibiotics Metronidazole for 7 days and it still doesn't feel like it's gone away. The fishy odor from the BV is gone but there is still a little bit of itching and discharge (which is supposed to be normal in pregnancy as well????? so when is it not normal???)

I am so sick and tired of these infection happening to me. My bladder NEVER feels like it's empty. There are moments when I get a good stream going but other times it's barely a drop. My vagina area always feels swollen or heavy and like I need to go again after I've already peed a million times. The only kind of relief I get is when I sit a certain angle or lie down, or sometimes when I'm walking. But there are times when I walk and I still feel the heaviness. Has ANYONE had this kind of experience? I would hate to keep going into the office again and again for this!

What is wrong with me??? Am I just getting one infection after another? Why won't it go away?

Unfortunately this can just happen in pregnancy, it's caused by hormone changes. One thing you can do is to drink plenty of water and stay away from caffeine. There are also probiotics you can take (orally or vaginally), which help fight off infections. Other than that, I'm afraid you'll just have to ride it out. Hope you feel better soon!

I have felt like this the whole pregnancy mostly. More with the discharge and itching or burning. In the first trimester, I have so much pressure on my bladder and that has been better.
I agree with the probiotic, just make sure it has a prebiotic in it also like Inulin. Otherwise it only lasts temporarily.

I have gotten both this pregnancy as well. :hugs: it's purely hormones. I have never had vaginal/UTI or any kind of lady infection except for when I'm pregnant. I switched to unscented soaps and I cut out my usual baths and stayed strictly taking showers. It's only in the last few weeks that I'm taking nice hot baths again and so far I have not gotten any more infections. I also drank the obligatory cranberry juice although I've read it's useless in small concentrations like a juice.

I hope it gets better for you. Part of the lack of pee stream could be blamed on LO blocking your bladder as well. :flower:

Is this supposed to be normal even though I'm only on my 13 week? When I had the frequent urination at 6-7 weeks the nurse said that wasn't normal as I am too early to be experiencing that.

I agree with pre and probiotics!! antibiotic foods (garlic, ginger, citrus fruit or juice), decrease caffine to none if possible, decrease SUGAR. don't add sugar to anything and don't eat sweets! Take showers VS baths. try some kefir, and or fermented vegitables. cut out carbs and pastas too. Good luck. <3

Is this supposed to be normal even though I'm only on my 13 week? When I had the frequent urination at 6-7 weeks the nurse said that wasn't normal as I am too early to be experiencing that.

Yea I didn't have that much frequent urination in the beginning but I got sick about the middle of September and was coughing so hard that I constantly peed myself. Even if I just went to the bathroom, I still would do it. I was about 14-15 weeks. Because when I went to the get my ultrasound at 19 1/2 weeks, the tech asked me if I had a lot of pressure on my bladder. And she said her bum was pushing right down on it so it made sense. It was like that for a week or 2 more and she finally got situated and it has been 10 times better! So maybe you did have a UTI in the beginning and now its just the baby sitting on your bladder?

I've been lucky so far this pregnancy but I went through a viscious cycle of UTI's a few years back. It was rediculous. For about 4 months I'd get one, the antibios would clear it up, then two/three weeks later it came back! A consultant finally decided for some reason the antibiotics never fully cleared the bacteria each time. I was then put on a low dose antibiotic for 6 months and it did the trick. So I think there is the potential that you could still have bacteria kicking around and causing issues? Have you been retested at your docs? I honestly think it'd be worth checking!

I've been needing frequent wees during my whole pregnancy, and when I go there's barely anything there :( I have also had constant cycles of itching, then soreness, then itching again, then soreness... At times it felt never ending and was driving me mad! I have found that showering the area twice a day with just plain water helped, and also using a cold wet tissue to wipe after using the toilet to cool the itching. I have always used sudocrem it I've had itching/soreness before but it's not helped at all during this pregnancy, only made it worse.

I have found that it's got significantly better in third Tri especially lately - so hopefully things will get better for you too.

Hi,
The correct probiotic should help. The thing is... not just any probiotic. Different bacteria live in different parts of our body. I take one called urogenital shield for women which contains the correct strains for thrush, uti and vaginosis. It's helped me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->