So So Sad

violetstar

Reaction score
I've kind of been having a hard time. My dad, whom I'm living with until I find my own place, probably around feb is not being very supportive. In fact he's making it as hard on me as he possibly can. My only true good friend moved away from me today. She now lives 7 hours away. I don't speak to my mother and haven't in quite sometime. I feel sooo lonely. Yesterday I almost called her up because of how desperate I was feeling for some support. She doesn't even know I'm pregnant. Her and I have had quite a lot of issues in the past. I'm not even sure if that conversation would have went well.
On top of all this my dad hates the babies father for understandable reasons. But this still makes it very hard to have any kind of communication between him and I. He's very supportive and wants the best for the baby and I even though he does have his share of problems.
Also, I'm starting a job at a call center Tuesday and I'm scared I'm going to hate it or be bad at it. I need to get my 600 hours so I can go on maternity leave in April. It's also a half an hour walk away from my house and dad will no longer let me use his car. This job also doesn't pay enough for me to give my dad the 1000 dollars a month he wants to make sure I'm saving. I get it all back when I move out but for now it's my dads "last lesson" hes going to teach me before I leave.
I'm really doubting my ability to pull all of this stuff off. I just hope things will get better with time.

Things will get better hun and you will cope:hugs:

Maybe try picking up the phone to your mum, it would certainly be an ice breaker, you might be suprised and she could offer you the support you need, after all she has been there done that

Good luck xx

:hugs: I would defo call your Mum! You never know you may be able to sort out the issues you both have & with you being pregnant may help you to become closer.......its worth a shot! And if she says she'd prefer to leave things how they are then what have you lost?
Your Dad making things harder for you can't be helping at all......have you tried telling him how he's making you feel? If he carry's on you'll only end up making yourself sick and it really is the last thing you need!

Do you have any other family...brothers, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, Grandma/Grandad or friend you could speak to or that live near you?
They may not have been who you would have gone to in the first instance but you just never know.

Let us know how your new job goes...I'm sure you'll do great! Keep us updated on how things are going!

:hugs:

xx

I got back in touch with my mum after 4years, best thing i ever did and now we are closer than ever!

You will prob find you will get alot of support of your mum.

Sorry your having a hard time with your dad, your gona do great hun, head down and crack on!

Good luck it will all be worth it!

xxx

Awww, bless you. I agree, definitely ring your mum.. im sure once she knows you are pregnant things will be easier (although it's obviously hard to say since we don't know the history). Even though your dad is being a bit harsh, it seems as if he just wants whats best for you - not everyone has a person like that in their life, so maybe think yourself lucky in a way, as after all you are still his little girl and he wants for you what you will want for your baby! :)

Hope you are ok and if you need to speak we are here. :D

Hi Violetstar, I hope you begin to feel a bit better. Things will start looking up for you darling. You're probably having so much go through your head right now and so many thoughts. I don't want to sound like a broken record but I agree with the other ladies. Getting back in touch with your mom may help. You don't have to tell her right away but perhaps at least break the ice so that you feel better about telling her when you do. Also keep in touch with your good friend even though they have moved. Can you email often, text message? It will help.:hugs::hugs:

Thank you guys. Yesterday was just a really hard day. I think I will try to get in touch with my mom sometime soon. My friend called me last night and I'm sure we'll talk lots it's just different not having her here all the time.
Most of my other family lives about 3 hours away. I talk to my grandmother and cousin often on the phone but it's different not having them in person. I think my grandmother might be coming up for a visit soon, though! I'm pretty excited for that. It will be nice to have some more estrogen in the house.
Oh man I'm getting morning sickness like a mother (hahah, bad joke). I find it really hard to eat anything and I'm scared I'm going to lose a bunch of weight. I can already notice it. I'm thinking about going to my doctor and getting the pills that help but then I heard that sometimes they don't help at all anyway. Have any of you tried them?

Thank you guys. Yesterday was just a really hard day. I think I will try to get in touch with my mom sometime soon. My friend called me last night and I'm sure we'll talk lots it's just different not having her here all the time.
Most of my other family lives about 3 hours away. I talk to my grandmother and cousin often on the phone but it's different not having them in person. I think my grandmother might be coming up for a visit soon, though! I'm pretty excited for that. It will be nice to have some more estrogen in the house.
Oh man I'm getting morning sickness like a mother (hahah, bad joke). I find it really hard to eat anything and I'm scared I'm going to lose a bunch of weight. I can already notice it. I'm thinking about going to my doctor and getting the pills that help but then I heard that sometimes they don't help at all anyway. Have any of you tried them?

I have pills which my doc had me take every 4 hours, down to every 8 hours now. They have made a drastic difference as I'm able to keep food down now. It may be worth considering if you're finding it hard to eat anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->