So so worried :( Please advise x

P

pinkturtle81

I'm 5 weeks and 3 days and I've just been to the toilet and wiped away a very watery pink blood?? Now I'm terrified I'm losing my baby. I'm around 27 dpo and I've done 4 tests. The first response clear blue came up with pregnant 1-2 weeks and a 2-3 weeks but when I do a basic test the line is very faint. Is that normal? The drs won't see me until next Thurs and they said I could try a&e but I can't see how they could help?

Honestly the only thing that could be done now are bloods and then again 48 hours later to see your levels.

Lots and lots of people spot during pregnancy without ill effects. The line strength only gives you a tiny picture and sometimes doesn’t mean much. My lines were very faint when I was fine, and I had really strong lines that ended in a m/c.

Hope you get answers soon.

:hugs:

Thanks lovely. I really appreciate your advice. Such a worry xxxx

There is something called the hook effect that happens, where the pregnancy test lines start getting lighter again. If you google it you'll find lots of information about it. It could be why your test lines look so faint but your digis are reading differently. Congrats, hun! Try not to stress too much and enjoy your pregnancy - I know easier said than done sometimes :flower:

There is something called the hook effect that happens, where the pregnancy test lines start getting lighter again. If you google it you'll find lots of information about it. It could be why your test lines look so faint but your digis are reading differently. Congrats, hun! Try not to stress too much and enjoy your pregnancy - I know easier said than done sometimes :flower:

Thank you. I'm just worried about the bleeding now??

I had bleeding with #1, #2 and my loss but not number #3. 1 and 2 were placenta/twin related. Loss was a loss.. I didnt keep testing on HPT.

Truth be told when i was bleeding with my loss, i wrote it off as the placenta.. it wasnt though.

Hook affect dosent come into affect till 11 weeks spotting is pretty comon in early pregnancy if your concerend or the spotting turn to bleeding then go to hospital but spotting is a good sign of ib xx

Thank you for your replies. I'm still having the bleeding but only when I go to the toilet and wipe. There's nothing on my pad at all. I did another test this morning and the clear blue is showing 2-3 weeks and the basic dip test now has a stronger positive line. I'm hoping that this is a good sign?? I'm still getting period pains/ ache but I've been told that this is normal to feel like AF is about to arrive? Xxx

Thank you for your replies. I'm still having the bleeding but only when I go to the toilet and wipe. There's nothing on my pad at all. I did another test this morning and the clear blue is showing 2-3 weeks and the basic dip test now has a stronger positive line. I'm hoping that this is a good sign?? I'm still getting period pains/ ache but I've been told that this is normal to feel like AF is about to arrive? Xxx

With a loss, you still produce HCg, so a test would still show +. Just because the baby passes, doesnt mean you stop producing HCG. When i found out Wylder had passed, my beta was 5,314 and he had passed 2 weeks prior. It took weeks after to go to 0.

I just say that so you dont solely rely on a HPT for hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->