So Sorry but another MIL rant

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hiya,Thsis may sound really silly but it has started to get to me...

My mum was buying Connah a highchair for xmas but as she couldnt get it til after xmas as she has just lost her job my MIL offered to get it and my mum would buy something else...which was fine.

The idea was for us to have the highchair when we started weaning(even if it was before xmas)

We started weaning last week and now my LO is on lunch and dinner(small amouns of purees) I told MIL and she said 'well iv wrapped it now so you cant have it til xmas'...:shrug: The whole point was so we had it for when we started weaning and she was fine with that.

So now,he has to sit in the bouncer...which doesnt sit up much so not very safe IMO and he cant go in the Bumbo as he has started going stiff in it and getting out iykwim?

Im not trying to sound ungreatful or anything like that bcos i am really thankfull for all the lovely things she has got us for connah but surely it wouldnt hurt to let us have the highchair?

I know its only a few days til xmas now so its not worth mentioning again...but im worried she might decide that she wants it to stay there...she did his with a travel cot that she bought FOR US!:dohh:

Sorry for this very pointless rant,i sound so silly:haha:
PMS me thinks:blush:
:flower:

That is a bit frustrating! Before we had a highchair I gave Ruby food on my lap but I guess that wouldn't work if you're spoon feeding. Do you have a tray for the bumbo? That might keep him from trying to get out...

WHen my OH is here to help its not so much of a problem as he will have connah on his lap and i will feed him but when hes not here its a pain.

We have the tray for the bumbo but he is that strong that when he tried to get out of it the tray will pop right off:dohh:

Yeah, the tray was no good for Ruby either, she hated it! She's still ok sitting in the bumbo without it though. :)

That sounds really silly of your MIL, baby doesn't know when christmas is so why can't you have the chair early!?

We have always used an ikea high chair, they only cost a tenner plus a few quid for an inflatable side cushion and tray - can you nip to ikea and pick one up? Then you could make her have the cheap ikea one at her house and you have the nice one when you are allowed to open it!

Failing that, you are better feeding baby on your knee rather than in a bouncy chair, they need to be sat upright.

Love Karen
x

:hugs: i have to say this was piss me right off! sometimes mil's just don't understand! and gosh i hate it when they insist on keeping things at there house! grr! (mine has done this and maddi see's her twice a month if that!!) x

That sounds really silly of your MIL, baby doesn't know when christmas is so why can't you have the chair early!?

We have always used an ikea high chair, they only cost a tenner plus a few quid for an inflatable side cushion and tray - can you nip to ikea and pick one up? Then you could make her have the cheap ikea one at her house and you have the nice one when you are allowed to open it!

Failing that, you are better feeding baby on your knee rather than in a bouncy chair, they need to be sat upright.

Love Karen
x

With it being a few days to xmas i may aswel wait now...but i may well just buy her an ikea onefor her house:haha: She wouldnt be impressed as she is a bit of a snob:haha:x

Just open it and blame it on the hubby

It is a bit daft....its not as though you LO knows its xmas and even if he did, he wouldn't get excited about a high chair:dohh:
Not much you can do though, but me being me would go and buy one and tell MIL to take it back as you NEEDED one like NOW and couldn't wait:muaha:

I wonder why MIL's are so difficult?!:wacko:

Im guna buy one today and let her keep that 1 and i can have the really nice one that she bought:haha:x

haha..I'd love to see her face when she realises you have bought one:muaha:

ohh I'm mean!

Me too - its her own fault tbh! :rofl:

They like power, I tell ya!

I used to like my MIL, she turned into a monster when Alex was born - guess it was the reality of a cutesie lil baby

What is it about MILs... Funny to think we'll all probably be MILs ourselves one day lol!

What I would do, because I'm a bitch, is buy one use it for a couple of days then replace it into the box wrap it up then when she brings her gift over make a big deal about forgetting one gift bring it out let the baby open it and say o look a lovely high chair! Then enjoy the look on her face.

<------- Dispises her MIL

I would probably have bought one the same and used it straight away, not told the MIL about it, then just returned the one she got. After I'd done it, I'd let it slip what I'd done, but that's cos I like to get my way where the MIL is concerned!!!

Try and be patient. It is a gift after all and though they might not know it is Christmas your MIL will appreciate you getting joy out of it at Christmas. Try and imagine your LO's first Christmas in their new chair and hopefully you will get some excitement out of waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->