so stupid thought i felt movement.

kikika

Reaction score
Hi there i feel so stupid i thought i felt movement this morning 4 times it happened so went and got a pregnancy test and it came back possitive 6 weekss after i lost baby im so confused.
Is my body still hauntinf me or could there be more to it.
Has anyone else had this before i feel so stupid clinging on to hope but it felt real.

I honestly don't know but didn't want to read and run :hugs: It can take a while for the pregnancy hormones to cease after a mc so that's possibly why you got a postive test ... Or have you been trying again? Apparently we are very fertile just after mc so is there a chance you might be pregnant?

hi thank you for your response. no we havnt been trying again we have only had sex once since i lost the baby but i am back on the pill so dont think its a new pregnancy.
im just confused and dont know what to think espec as i would not have done a test if i hadnt felt something this morning. my head is in a spin

its probably your grief:-( after i got a diagnosis of mc i swore i felt something in my stomach move. it was crazy considering i did indeed have a mc and i was only like nine weeks! im sure this will pass, youre still dealing with the loss. plus if you had gotten preg again after the loss you would be not far gone so too early to feel movement. if you are testing positive on preg tests talj to your doc as there might be retained tissue still inside. i know this is a horrible time, just remember you will get through this have have more children if you choose! good luck and hugs to you!:)

I would certainly retest to rule out a new pregnancy...

Also I would speak with your doctor...

I've just gotten back from a doctors appointment and she told me to go back if at 6 weeks I was still getting a positive test, as there would scan me to investigate

quick update i have felt the same strange sensations again this morning. decided to get a decent test clear blue which has come back possitive again

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: You are not stupid. I lost my Ava at 20 weeks and i had to stay 3 days with her inside me until i gave birth in my house . In those 3 days I swore to God I felt flutters and I screamed she was still alive, but she was not. I don't know if it was my body or mind was playing tricks on me or if it is something that happens medically, but I felt the same and I know what I felt. I had 3 sonograms to confirm she was gone :cry::cry:

I already had 3 boys 20, 18 and almost 12 when i got pregnant by total accident at 40, I was so overjoyed and then I found out it was a girl and I was over the moon with happiness. Then at 20 weeks without warning no blood no feeling nothing, I went in for my sonogram and she was gone. It has taken me over a year to get through this pain , we buried her on 3/11/2011 and I have gotten much better but it has been a long and hard road. I will not be trying again cause the fear is just to much for me and I will be 42 soon . I look young and I feel young and I have lost all the baby weight , but my eggs are not young and I just can't take the chance that it will happen again, i can't go through this again, I just can't :cry::cry: My SIL was also pregnant with me at the same time she is 37 and she lost her baby at 15 weeks 7 weeks after I lost my baby . She also has 3 boys 16, 13 and 9 and now she is pregnant again she is 17 weeks and it is so hard for me to look at her and feel joy and if she has a girl I know it will take me a long time to come to terms with it. I need to feel joy for her even through my pain, it is the right thing to do. So you see you are not stupid at all, I felt the same as you.
All the best, Andrea :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thank you for your response andrea and im sorry for your loss.its just so hard as i would be 17/18 weeks now which is the time i would expect to feel movement. i also have 3 other children so know how the movements feel. i keep telling myself its all in my head but then silly thoughts like what if it was twins and i only lost 1. it doeant help that i look pregnant as well and seem to be still growing.

thank you for your response andrea and im sorry for your loss.its just so hard as i would be 17/18 weeks now which is the time i would expect to feel movement. i also have 3 other children so know how the movements feel. i keep telling myself its all in my head but then silly thoughts like what if it was twins and i only lost 1. it doeant help that i look pregnant as well and seem to be still growing.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I looked so pregnant, I was 12 weeks and I looked 9 months :blush: I was huge and in those 20 weeks I gained 30 pds. After I lost her all I would say is I have nothing left what do i have now it was then my 12 yr old said Mom you have us :hugs::hugs::hugs: My labor was only 2 hours, it was just a tragic thing and I kept saying why me why the little girl that I never thought I would have, my heart is still broken :cry::cry: It kills me everyday , but I can't go backwards I can't go to that dark place again. I am here if you ever need to talk..You will get though this I promise and we all can help you.. XOXOXOOXOXOX

How dark are your positives?

I would certainly go back to the doctors x

there not as dark as my first positive but i have done quite a lot of tests over the weeks and it is darker than the ones i done a couple of weeks ago it is definatelly visible as a positive result, this is so frustrating i thought i would be able to move on and grive by now but my body keeps haunting me

Stupid question, are you sure you miscarried? Did you have a D&C, did you have an ultrasound? I only ask because sometimes woman bleed, heavily, and assume they have miscarried, when in fact they did not, and are still pregnant. I actually have a friend who miscarried, and bled a ton. The weeks following her miscarriage, she drank a lot and was so depressed. A few weeks later she looked down, and noticed her belly was rather large, and she took a pregnancy test and sure enough it was positive. She went to the doctors, and found that she was 16 weeks or so. Total shock. She knew she had miscarried, this was her 4th baby, but she did not. BAby is doing great and she is 24 weeks now. We are all shocked. So if you have not had any confirmation that you did infact miscarry, I would go to the doctors. GL!

yes i defo miscarried seen what looked like fleshy meat in the toilet with a lot of blood when i described it 2 my gp he said i had passed everything and gave me the pill to start taking. i didnt have a d&c as it happened naturally.

You need to go in. I have had a few miscarriages. Some early some 2nd trimester, and there are a lot of fleshy looking things that are not POC, and unless it is tested you really cant be sure. How many days did you bleed? How heavy was the bleeding. How big was the tissue?? I really think you should call your doctor. You are at the right stage to feel movement, and while it could be phantom movements, it might now be.

Doesn't necessarily mean you've miscarried. You sound like you could still be pregnant or your body is playing a very mean trick!! Go to your Dr's and demand a scan!! xx

I have just seen my gp he not sure what is going on but says i should not be getting positives this far on after miscarrage. I have to do another test on wed as they are off now till then if it is positive ive to ring him and he will organise a scan to c what is going on. He examined me and said he couldnt feel anything but cant be sure without a scan

Hmm, good to hear your getting it checked!!
Even if your not unfortunately pregnant, you may still have fetal tissue left which could be why you have positives so atleast you'd get that seen to.
Either way I hope you get answers and wish you luck! xx

Yes, please KUP!! And most GP's dont know what to feel for, or how big a uterus should be, so I would for sure follow up. As a matter of fact, I would go to the ER and say you are pregnant and bleeding, and have them give you an ultrasound.

thank you everyone i will let you know what happens. theres no point going to our er jennie all they do is book you in at the epac centre on a working day so i wouldnt be seen any earlier to be honest. thats what they done when i went the first time i started bleeding. thank you for all your opinions and thoughts on this you are helping me loads as i thought i was going mad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->