So Stupid

pink_cabbage

Beccy & Esmée
Reaction score
After waiting ages for the appointment for my first scan, the appointment finally arrived last Thursday... for the following day. It was a bit traumatic getting there (the hospital that it was booked at is 2 hours from where I'm living at the minute), but we made it with 10 minutes to spare.

In the waiting room I kept being stared at for some reason by a (what looked like) 16-ish year old girl's boyfriend... it was making me really on edge.
The scan didn't last very long at all - the sonographer said that everything was ok, and that Button/Splodge (depending on who you ask for baby's name) is sat up on his/her bottom! My EDD also moved forwards 2 days - no great change there!

But after I came out I don't know what happened. This pregnancy hasn't been a particularly happy time since the start, what with not really coming to terms with it well, but I thought I'd finally reached a "Happy Place".
On the way home however, I got really angry and ripped up the scan picture.
Fortunately, I'd already taken a photo' of it to send to people on my 'phone... but it's not very good, and it made me even more angry after I'd done it :(

I just wondered if anyone had printed out photographs of their scan photos and whether they came out any good...?

(I've attached the picture I took...)

Attachments

• Photo0134.jpg
    Photo0134.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 49
I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been a very smooth ride for you in your pregnancy. I was like that for the first trimester. I'm not sure about your case, but mine was the strangest thing cause the pregnancy was planned, and yet as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I felt very ambivalent towards it. I almost felt sad and depressed, and like you, it's like I couldn't come to terms that I really was pregnant and it was going to make a lot of changes in my life. It didn't help any that I was feeling sick for many weeks.I didn't want to fake happiness or giddiness so I just accepted whatever I felt and rode it out, thinking any maternal feelings and bonding will come in good time.

And come it did. I'm starting to get attached to my LO, my little girl. Again, I don't know about the circumstances of your case, but all I can say is be patient with yourself.

Regarding your question of taking a picture of the u/s, I did that with my first two scans during the first trimester cause I wasn't sure if I could safely scan them without damaging the pictures. They came out pretty clear, so long as you remove the flash so that the light doesn't bounce off of it. I printed out a picture of a scanned u/s picture, and it turned out ok too. I think the picture you attached came out good. Btw, your LO looks adorable :D

Im also sorry you are having a tough time, but I must say hon..I really truly admire you for being honest about how you really feel. I think a lot of women would have a hard time admitting to their true feelings about their pregnancy if they were negative feelings. Because as women we are sometimes taught that its such a blessing..every woman wants to have babies..and so on. But thats not always the case. And I think it shows great strength that you are not only going through with a pregnancy that you were not 100% happy with..but you are fully admitting that it's been a struggle. I think that's so much better then denying it or hiding it, because it breeds resentment.

I hope that made sense? I am very tired..

Anyways..the picture is great! And so clear. Congrats!

Hugs too.

Glad to hear all is well with your bump. Isn't it weird how they can know your EDD is off by a couple days? No one has split hairs over that for me, really. I was bumped up a week at the beginning...
My LO wasn't planned either. It can be hard to take, when it catches you off guard. I had just moved to a new city, started a new job, dating a new guy, was trying new things on. A baby wasn't on the list of things to do just yet. I came around, though. :hugs:

no matter how you feel right now, you will be a great mom :)
xxxxx your scan is beautiful, what a perfect baby you have created, well done

Great pic I am sure it will print out just fine!

i think its werdi when you go for a scan and people are starying at you when they
in same boat lol

Lovely picture hun ...
First scans are rubbish i hated mine , I was in and out within 5 mins ... He just measured said yep thesse dates etc then ok see u at the 20 week scan !! .
But at least you can see it as positive that you got to see baby was there and healthy and ok :) .
Have lots of fun at your next one hun . xxxx .

that's a great pic, and will turn out great if you print it out.

take care of yourself, one day at a time eh? well done.:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->