So tired - Is it just a one off?

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
Pierre is 8 months old now and has been sleeping through the night since just before 3 months I think.

We have a bedtime routine in place where he has his bath, gets his sleepsuit on, goes to say goodnight to Daddy, has his bottle, nappy change and bed. He does down between 9.30 and 10pm usually. I put his musical sheep on, give him his dummy, put on his mobile and he has a blanket to snuggle. I can leave the room with him still awake and he'll settle himself. He wakes up between 8.30 and 9am.

Last night we did everything the same as usual but he woke up at about 2.30am. He wasn't crying but playing with his musical sheep. Then he started 'complaining' and I went in without talking to him and gave him back his dummy and tucked him back in. This continued until about 3.30 with me going in every 15 mins and he was wide awake. All he seemed to want to do is play.

At that point I gave him a warm bottle, wondering if for some reason he was hungry. He drunk it all and I went back to bed in hope he'd settle but he was still wide awake and playing.

At 4am I gave up and got up with him. I stayed up till about 5am with him playing in his bouncy thing. Then I put him back to bed (apparently still wide awake). He protested a little but I went to bed again hoping he'd settle, which he did after about 10 mins. I thought he'd now sleep late and I'd get a lay in but he was wide awake at 9am!

Today I'm really tired. I went to bed extra late because I was upset as my dad is very ill in hospital. He has cancer and only a matter of weeks left. :cry: I think I was asleep for about an hour and a half before Pierre woke up.

Sometimes he wakes up briefly in the night if he's teething because he wants his dummy back or if he's wriggled out of his covers but this all rarely happends and I tuck him in and give him his dummy back and he'll almost instantly go back to sleep.

We hadn't done much different during the day. It was mediumly active as we went to visit my Dad in hospital. He slept an average amount in the day.

Any advice would be great.

Sometimes Dec would do this just want to play all night, but it only happens once in a while,and usually only for one night, I dont really have any advice all I can say is at this age they have become so much more aware of their surroundings that sometimes it is fun to do things different once in a while, hopefully it is only a one off and he sleeps well tonight and give you a well deserved rest xx

Caitlyn started doing this around 5 months and she hasn't stopped yet. :dohh: It isn't "regular" but it does happen now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->