So upset! Rant about my DH probably missing our baby shower.

Mommy2missR

Reaction score
Okay.... so my husband is in the Army National Guard and it is his drill weekend. His mother planned our shower without consulting us, which really is NBD, but when we found out it was on a drill weekend, I told him he would need to MUTA it (make it up) because there was NO WAY he was going to get out of there in time. He absolutely INSISTED that he would be out on time, and would be home 11a at the latest (shower at 1p). Having been an Army brat for 29 years now, I KNEW there was no way, something always comes up and the Army doesn't give a shit about your life outside of the Army. But I let him handle it his way. Well.... 15 minutes ago he text me and told me that he is stuck there because so-and-so did such-and-such and blah blah blah, with no one able to leave until God knows when. EXACTLY what happened last time their drill wasn't at the armory. Now, there is a high probability that he will not make it in time. I am so so so so upset.

I thought men "traditionally" didn't attend baby showers anyways?

My husband was on a short 3 month deployment when I was pregnant so I flew home and had mine then since I hadn't planned on having any men there. But if your husband wanted to be there for yours then that's a bummer.

Have him pop by at the end of the shower. Mine didn't attend mine, but came to visit and help open some gifts/load the truck at the end.

Aww how annoying. Hope he makes some of it. I'm having a shower next week but my dh wasn't invited

It's a Jack and Jill shower that we're only having because it's HIS first baby and the first biological grandchild on his side. There are 3 step-grandchildren, but it's different.

Urgh that sucks. I can understand why ure upset. Idk why guys don't listen to us when we tell them things. My baby shower was a jack and jill as well so I understand why u would want ure oh to be there with you. Hopefully he's able to make it.

I personally was happy with OH not being at the baby shower. I feel it is more of a female thing.
Though, I do get your frustration at OH and the situation where he isn't back in time and not considering that things are usually delayed. My OH is like that and it pisses me off so much!

Alot of folks these days are doing co-ed showers. Or at least the father pops up at some point, if not co-ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->