So Upset with Doctor

HopeBabySoon

Mommy to best little boy!
Reaction score
I spent about two hours last night reading reviews on doctors, and I thought I found just the right one in network servicing the hospital I want to deliver at. The office is close to my home, and a newer facility. And then...

I called this morning to make the appointment and I was told I would have to come in and see a nurse first- reluctantly I agreed. THEN, I was told that all doctors in the practice see all patients, so when you deliver you will have met everyone.

I specifically picked this doctor based on specific criteria including that she was female. I have never been comfortable with a male gyno.

They told me it was absolutely impossible to choose just one doctor. I started to go ahead and book the appointment, because I didn't want to waste all my research. In the end I just couldn't do it. I was so frustrated that they wouldn't work with me.

AND THEN...

I called my husband to talk about it, and he answered the phone "yeah?" which I think is completely rude, so I yelled at him and hung up. Then I sat in my car for 10 minutes trying not to cry. (I never cry)

That was 10 hours ago, and I still feel so annoyed and emotional.

:hugs:

I completely understand about the female doctor. My gp is female and ob I have booked to see is female too. One of the major reasons for me going private was so that i saw the same doctor - if I go public I just get whoever is available and will mostly only see a nurse.

I hope you find a doctor you are comfortable with.

Thanks! I don't understand why they wouldn't just work with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->