so what is likely to happen at and after my 40wk appointment???

Mize1982

Mya-My gift from God!
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows whats likely to happen at my 40wk appointment? its on my actuall edd.

and what is likely to happen after that?

I am starting to feel quite ill informed as to what is likely to happen.

you know i feel the same.
I have a community midwife appointment tommorrow which is for my 39 weeks and then nothing after that? I am 40 weeks on new years eve so doubt anyone will want to see me that week?
x

you get a 39 week appointment???

I had one 35wks and then at 38 and dont get another till 40wks

i ve got my 40 week appointment tom on my edd so will let you know tom. i havent seen them since 38 weeks

on my 40 wk appointment (weas on my EDD to) it was exactly the same as my 38 wk, bloodpresure, measurement, wee sample, and babys heart beat ... and then she booked me for my sweep (tomorrow) which is a week later and thats it!

on my 40 wk appointment (weas on my EDD to) it was exactly the same as my 38 wk, bloodpresure, measurement, wee sample, and babys heart beat ... and then she booked me for my sweep (tomorrow) which is a week later and thats it!

ok thats what i thought may happen, do u know when they talk about induction?

mine says she will give me a date tomorrow so i assume that if u need a Sweep they will probs tell u then unless u have a better MW than mine bcos mine is to be quite frank ... poo!

I had an appt with MW on my EDD and it was no different to any other.

Wee test, BP, palpate, listen to heartbeat - how you feeling. you do have the number for the birthing centre dont you? See you next week.

Huff I wanted a sweep.

Ah well i get tomorrow 40 + 6.

i've been reading up as much as possible on the net and it says something about first time mums maybe offered a sweep at the 40 week appointment??????

dunno how true that is tho i thought it would prob be the 41 week or a few days after the 40 week one.

I had my 39 week appointment today (although am 39+4) and mw went through what'll happen when I see her next week (at 40+4). Will be usual drill of BP, wee and feel about for hb etc. plus she's said we could maybe look to do sweep then although standard practice would be to wait until the following week. She also gave me a leaflet today on induction and talked about how next week is when they'll look to book me in for induction date of 40+14.

You might strike lucky on sweep at 40 weeks.

its not that i want a sweep nesicarilly just wondered if they may offer so i can be prepared iykwim lol

My MW told me that they arent allowed to do sweeps until 41 weeks...I got a sweep at 39 from an OB and I'll be getting my sweep tomorrow from an OB.

I have to see MW and OB's.

My MW told me that they arent allowed to do sweeps until 41 weeks...I got a sweep at 39 from an OB and I'll be getting my sweep tomorrow from an OB.

ah ok fair enough then

I think it depends on the hospital though, cant so any harm in asking!

When I had mine it honestly wasnt bad at all, better than a smear.

I think my mw made a bit of a blunder in mentioning it for next week as she then talked about how induction date would be 41 weeks and when I queried this she realised she was a week out and put a question mark beside sweep for next week comment.

one thing tho on the back of my notes it has a week calander which the mw circled to say where i would have my appointments and when, 40 weeks is circled for her at the surgery and 41 wks is circled hospital, so now i'm really confused!!!

one thing tho on the back of my notes it has a week calander which the mw circled to say where i would have my appointments and when, 40 weeks is circled for her at the surgery and 41 wks is circled hospital, so now i'm really confused!!!

Evening Hun, in my area the community MW doesn't actually do sweeps, so if I had made it to 41 weeks I'd have had to go to the hospital for a MW there to do one. That might explain your notes?? I reckon they will then book you in for an induction while you're there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->