so what is likely to happen at and after my 40wk appointment???

i'm hoping the fact that my last appointment was with a cover rather than the normal mw doesnt mean she has missed something or not told me something or not done something!

She shouldve covered everything Hun. I saw a different MW at nearly every appointment and they always covered all bases.

I guess just make sure you have a load of questions written down for the next app.....if you do want a sweep you could always try crying!! No MW wants a stressed pregnant lady!

one thing tho on the back of my notes it has a week calander which the mw circled to say where i would have my appointments and when, 40 weeks is circled for her at the surgery and 41 wks is circled hospital, so now i'm really confused!!!

Evening Hun, in my area the community MW doesn't actually do sweeps, so if I had made it to 41 weeks I'd have had to go to the hospital for a MW there to do one. That might explain your notes?? I reckon they will then book you in for an induction while you're there.

could possibly be that then, as she did the circling of it all right at the begining so prob means she doesnt do sweeps

She shouldve covered everything Hun. I saw a different MW at nearly every appointment and they always covered all bases.

I guess just make sure you have a load of questions written down for the next app.....if you do want a sweep you could always try crying!! No MW wants a stressed pregnant lady!

tbh i'd rather mya comes as naturally as possible so dont mind if she doesnt.

will def have to write questions down, i always forget to ask when in there its normally the oh that pipes up at the end and goes didnt u wanna ask this or that lol

how are u getting on now tho?

also although my mw is lovely she isnt the most willing to cover everything, when i have been looking online i found an nhs guide to what they are ment to cover at each stage and she hasnt told me most of the stuff. Thank god for BNB lol

but i think aslong as lo is ok i dont mind!

I know without BnB id know nothing!! To be honest I think most midwives tend to presume we just know stuff!!

A sweep is still natural Hun.....all they'll do is check your cervix to see if your dialted at all, if you are then they try and get things moving.

It's prob a lot better to have 1,2 or even 3 sweeps than have to have an induction.

It's going well thanks, just found out I'm moving to labour suite very very soon :)

I know without BnB id know nothing!! To be honest I think most midwives tend to presume we just know stuff!!

A sweep is still natural Hun.....all they'll do is check your cervix to see if your dialted at all, if you are then they try and get things moving.

It's prob a lot better to have 1,2 or even 3 sweeps than have to have an induction.

It's going well thanks, just found out I'm moving to labour suite very very soon :)

yeah this is true.

oh hun i am pleased its moving along for you, will be thinking of you and hope you get to meet your LO soon

well the appointment was just as the others had said, just the same as usual then we booked me in for a sweep next wed.

According to my midwife, you have to be at least 1 day past your EDD before you can be offered a sweep.

thanks ladies had a small show last night and today, had back ache for the past few days too and lo has been very quiet so fingers x'd somthing is happening and i wont need to worry about the sweep or induction..............i've prob just jinxed myself now!

Mine was the same as all the others. Booked me for a sweep at 41 weeks and said after that the hospital will ring when I'm 10 days over to give me a date for induction. Think it just depends how it works in your area.

My next appointment is my 40 week appointment (I'll actually be 39+4). I was told that they MIGHT do a sweep.....so I'm gonna have my best knickers on just in case :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->