So, when are you all announcing?

I've told our mum's, my sister's shd a few close friends, but I don't think I'll announce it until about 14 weeks ish like last time. I'm in no rush!

we've told close family, and I've told work, we are planning on announcing after the 12 week scan, hubby keeps saying theres 2 in there, he says my bump feels different from when I was pregnant the last 2 times.

I have only told my mum and my best friend. (I'm only 5 weeks) so have a while to wait yet! :)

Immediate friends and family already know. But I'll do the FB announcement next week Wednesday when I'm 10 weeks. I usually wait for 12 weeks but I'm too excited and third baby I'm finding it hard to hide the belly!

I'm going to be 8 weeks this Saturday, which is when we're telling the talkative ones in the family and that means the cat will be out of the bag after that. I had an ultrasound today and baby looks perfect for 7 weeks 2 days. <3

Got bfp jan 30th, told OH that night. Family knew after our 12 week scan (told them as an Easter present!) my work knows for legal and safety reasons but we have asked that none of it goes on social media at all.

Any one else can just guess or wait until they see a bump. Wont be doing an announcement as i am very private, independent and stubborn and want to be left to my own devices to figure it all out. Plus the less people that know, the less 'advice' we get, lol! I sound such a misery guts but i am not, just dont feel comfy with fb and just what can be shared and with whom beyond my own security settings.

Anyway, would much rather include people face to face as a bump would be the last thing they would expect to see. Ha ha!!!

Keeping it to our selfs as long as possible this time, maybe wont say anything till 20w.

Im expecting a negative reaction from most of OH family seems the reception we got off us having our third last year was cold Plus they just recently asked OH if we were done and when hes getting the snip.

I know my family would be fine about it but i had recently started losing my baby weight my mam was so happy how well i was doing im worried im going to let her down.

We have announced between 8-13w with our others.

We have both told our family and friends, but as far as work colleagues and social media, I wanted to keep it quiet as long as possible. However my sickness has started in the last couple of days so I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it quiet..!

I already know how I'm going to do it on social media though - myself, my partner and my twin boys all have a pair of Vans (trainers) each and I've bought some baby ones online. I'm going to take a photo of them all lined up and just let people work it out ;-)

We told parents right away. Undecided on wether to tell the kids straight after the first scan is its their birthday the same week i hit 12 weeks, I am unsure on wether it would be like a nice birthday present or like taking the attention away from their birthday so might wait an extra week or 2 after. Tell the rest of friends and family after the kids know.

We had our 20 week scan the day of our DD's third birthday. We found out the sex, wrapped a giant cardboard box in birthday paper, put an "it's a boy" balloon inside and let her open the box in front of family at her little birthday party that evening.

Hi :flower:

we've not told anyone, not even the dr yet! I'm almost 9 weeks and we plan not to tell anyone for as long as possible. I thought this would be a really hard secret to keep, tbh because no one knowing it makes it so much easier to keep.

So we announced to our families/close friends the day we got our BFP which was only 9 dpo. Then we slowly announced to other family.

Well, today I announced officially to everyone by sending out this picture.

With our twins, we announced at 7 weeks and with our daughter I announced at six weeks! This time, it is a little over 6 weeks! Most everyone knew we had been trying for quite some time, so it is of course expected news!
View attachment 857479

Best to announce once you hit 3 months.

We told immediate family and a few close friends this week (only because we are visiting over Easter) but have asked them to keep it quiet as our other children do not know yet. We will tell our children around 20 weeks and then announce to everyone else.

Hi :flower:

we've not told anyone, not even the dr yet! I'm almost 9 weeks and we plan not to tell anyone for as long as possible. I thought this would be a really hard secret to keep, tbh because no one knowing it makes it so much easier to keep.

when will you have your first apt?

First time around it felt like everyone knew very early on. I'm only 5 weeks at the moment and struggling not to say anything but really want to keep it a secret between my partner and I for as long as possible this time. This is made extra hard as my sister is 10 weeks pregnant and my whole family knows and are excited and talk about it constantly and I'm sat there wanting to blurt it out!! it is really nice having our own little secret at the moment though and can't wait to tell my parents that they started the year with one grandson and will have 3 grandchildren by christma!!

We're not announcing anything until after the Nuchal scan or maybe a little bit after that. Immediate family knows and only a couple of my closest friends but that's it. It's times like these I'm so relieved I don't have a facebook account... so glad I don't have to deal with any of that. Much rather tell people face-to-face anyway (or at least on the phone).

I've told a couple of very close friends already, but I'm not planning on telling my BF's mom, nor mine, until after my 8 week u/s. My adoptive mom (who lives on the East coast) & FB will be notified around my birthday when I'll be 13 weeks.

When I was pregnant with DD, I told my sister at around 6 weeks but made her keep it a secret because we had a family visit planned or right around 12 weeks. I told my parents when we arrived.

This time, I told my sister at 6 weeks and again asked her to keep it quiet. Then I immediately told my parents and gave them permission to mess with her head. :) I came clean on a big family Skype call a few weeks later.

Since I'm not the type to post obvious or gushy things on Facebook, I made my "announcement" there by making this my cover photo. I also did it on April 1, since that was close enough to 12 weeks and now no one knows for sure if I mean it or not.

Haha that's great!! I'm not sure what I'll do on FB, maybe something involving my cats lol.

Well so far my mum, MIL, sisters, one friend, and a few people at work know. I'm not planning on making a big announcement til after I have the 12 wk scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->