• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So who DIDNT wait for AF after MC?

Hi hun

Iv been debating this myself my aunty had 2 miscarriages and after the first fell pregnant straight away only to lose it again and the doc told her that it was because her uterus lining hadn't returned to normal and that she needed to have a normal AF first so this is putting me off a little but then you hear stories of being more fertile right afterwards and that people can and do get pregnant right away and are fine so Im in two minds with what to do tho we BD'd on Saturday and didn't protect so I think im gonna keep it that way rather than trying properly im just gonna not protect.

xxxx

I didnt wait for the first af, and had sex the day before I ovulated, but didnt end up getting pregnant, got af this weekend. The only thing is that my period doesnt seem as heavy as normal (normally id say its medium/light for a good 3 days then spotting for 1) but this time it was medium for 1 day and then light for yesterday and today - so maybe the lining didn't have time to build up for me.
I would still ttc straight away again anyway, I decided that if I had to endure another miscarriage or more then I would, if it meant Id end up with another baby.

I'm not waiting! I was only 5w so it was just like a late period anyway so things should be back to normal pretty quick so I'm just going for it. Hope it works!

I waited. There was just no way emotionally that I could handle another loss, so I was scared to even try. It turns out that I was being overly careful, it's been almost 8 months and I haven't gotten a BFP again!

i had my 2nd MC and was told to wait purely for dating purposes(it makes a docs life easier my consultant said, huh!! i thought!!) we started bd'ing as soon as the bleeding stopped and bam!!! 4wks later i got a BFP and went on to have my healthy little 2.5yr girl! however since having her ive had 2 more MC's(the last being last week) and as my bleeds now stopped i fully intend just to go for it, i dont think theres any sense in waiting(dont think time is on my side for a start!?)

i reckon unless the dr has a good medical reason for you to wait then go for it and lots of luck!!xxx

Hi,:flower:

I just had a dnc one week ago for a missed miscarraige at 11 weeks.:cry:

everything that i have read and heard has provided such a varried spectrum from no wait to 6 months.:shrug: I have chosen a 2 week minimum wait. Reason being: to ensure that your cervix has completely closed up and established a nice protective mucous layer. While it is still soft and/or slightly open, sex can introduce unwanted bacteria to your uterus. As you can imagine, infection would not only be yuck but... would delay things further. A wee blastocyst not usually happy to implant in uterus where infection is present:nope:

We have that date marked on the calendar and intend to go for it! I don't want to wait any longer than I have to. I just turned 41 (yucky birthday week) and obviously time not on my side.

Other thing is... your Hcg levels need to return to ground zero before the chain of events which brings on ovulation kicks in. Everyone's levels will drop at different rates but I understand it's pretty close to -5 when your bleeding stops.

I have heard such positive stories of BFP occuring before next AF. My Girlfriend phoned her dr. 4 weeks after d&c to suggest that procedure perhaps wasn't complete because she still felt pregnant. Well...that's 'cus she was...again! and carried full term and delivered healthy bub!

So... i'm going for it in one more week! xoxo

I had a mc (at 5 weeks) in October then fell pregnant straight away (no af in between) I'm pleased to report I am now nearly 15 weeks pg, so it can and does happen. My gp said to wait a couple of cycles, but I didn't want to waste any time. They mainly say this for dating purposes, but also let give yourself a chance to heal. Best of luck to you, hope you don't have to wait long :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->