So worried after early scan, measuring 2 weeks behind :( Any positive stories?

bubbles82

Reaction score
I had a private early scan this afternoon, for reassurance after two previous losses, but I have left feeling so worried and not reassured at all. I have my dates worked out at 7+5, and I'm very certain on this due to tracking ovulation etc. The sonographer was very positive and said everything looked fine, baby was there with a heartbeat, but she said I was off with my dates and had obviously ovulated later than I thought, baby measured between 5 and 6 weeks. I told her it wasn't possible for my dates to be so far out, so she took the measurements again a few times, but the furthest along she could get was 6+1. I could understand there being a few days either way for early or late implantation, or if I was just going by LMP, but I'd already had a positive HPT by the date she was saying I must've conceived.

It just doesn't make sense to me for the dates to be so far out, I know the exact date I ovulated, and haven't even had sex since then so it's impossible that I could have conceived two weeks later.

I can't help but think the worst, has anyone else had a similar situation and things have turned out OK by their usual scan?

I was dated at 6 weeks on my first scan, when I went for my second scan I should've been 12 weeks but I was put forward a week and told 13 weeks. I asked why the dates were a week out, and they told me that measuring a tiny baby accurately is a lot harder than measuring a bigger one.. So I was told to stick to the date of 13 weeks, and I've been measuring on track for that ever since. :) Try not to worry, baby is there with a heartbeat and that's the most important thing! X

All my scans they've said they can be a week out either side

At my 7+4 (I know exactly when I ovulated/conceived) he measured 7 weeks,but at the 12 weeks scan he was 5 days in front

It's good that baby has a heart beat though usually that doesn't show till 6ish weeks so that's a good sign

All you can really do at the moment is stay positive, keep eating healthy and taking your vitamins

I agree with rebeccalouise.
I had a scan last week and my dates were more or less correct (give or take a day) but the sonographer said they can't be 100% on dates that early because they are measuring something so small which is why they date you at 12 weeks and not much earlier. it is likely that when u have your dating scan at 12 weeks you will have caught up. Xx

The dates were almost 2 weeks off for me and according to my doctor I conceived 4 days after my first positive pregnancy test :lol:
By week 10 + 5 according to my dates we saw a big baby that measured right on time.

I had similar with my son!

My husband works away so I can pin point the day we convinced:0. However the scan put me a week behind and still does now! I guess sperm really can survive for a long time!

My husband works away so I can pin point the day we convinced:0. However the scan put me a week behind and still does now! I guess sperm really can survive for a long time!

It's not just the sperm survival rate, it can be how long it took the fertilised egg to travel down the tubes and also baby's growth rate

I'd take the heart beat and movement as a reassurance. Measuring isn't an accurate art. Especially not early on.

Sometimes it has to do with late implantation etc or just a slow starter. The fact that there's a HB is a great sign. Obviously it can still go either way, however just try to take it one day at a time. There isn't much u can do to change it anyway and u may be surprised to find at your next scan that baby caught up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->