So worried... just need to vent

Jillie89

Mummy to 2 IVF miracles
Reaction score
So my hubby is so sick of hearing this, but I need to vent. :cry:

We have our first obgyn appt on Thursday, so less than 48 hours away and I am petrified there won't be a heartbeat at our scan. We had our first scan at 6w5d and will be 9w at the appt. All was completely fine at our first scan. I know worrying doesn't help anything and I have had no bleeding or cramping, but the thought of a MMC is in the back of my mind. I am on progesterone twice a day and estrogen tablets as it was a frozen IVF transfer. In my head, this would hide a miscarriage anyway if it was to have ended. I feel awful that I can even think this and ultimately everything is out of my control no matter what. I just hope more than anything everything is fine, but I am a bit of a wreck today.

Did not want to read and run
As you said its out of your control
and scan will be soon, so try to breath/meditate do whatever helps to calm down and distract yourself
I was nervous wreck when i went to dating scan and was convinced i wont see anything there, but hey, baby was there in the end

You did not have any bleeding, you are on the right med, it all be alright!

I think when we put so much effort into pregnancy, our dreams emotions, physical strength as well as dedication to meds its very easy to panic, if anything goes wrong, after all we have been through and all we do, it would break us so much that we cant help but feel slight terror.... It just shows how much you already love your baby, nothing will make you feel better, we just have to hold on tight until they are here xxxxx

I feel the same way. I have another scan tomorrow and I am FREAKING out. We are at the point where we had a MMC last year, and I'm so scared that we will go in tomorrow and they wont find a heartbeat. We've already seen the heartbeat 3 times, but that still doesn't comfort me at this point. I'm just so incredibly nervous....

Scan went well today. I went in with tears in my eyes and said 'please just tell me my baby still has a heartbeat.' Bub measured on track at 9w1d. Heart rate of 176bpm. My obgyn was fantastic with me (as usual) and instead of the usual 4 week wait til next appt, he will get me back in 2 weeks. He told me, small steps and it will be all ok. I really hope so! Just got to stay positive.

Scan went well today. I went in with tears in my eyes and said 'please just tell me my baby still has a heartbeat.' Bub measured on track at 9w1d. Heart rate of 176bpm. My obgyn was fantastic with me (as usual) and instead of the usual 4 week wait til next appt, he will get me back in 2 weeks. He told me, small steps and it will be all ok. I really hope so! Just got to stay positive.

Thanks for the update hun! Glad all went well and besides you'll get to see your bubba again in 2 weeks! Try to stay positive, 1st trimester will be over soon!

So happy to hear that your scan went well too!!! Had mine yesterday as well and baby is right on track too! Even saw it moving it's little legs :)
I'm going to try my hardest to remain positive and try and not worry so much.... even though I know it's going to be soooo hard.

glad the scan went well. its so hard isn't it when we can't see whats going on inside our tums. xxx

Glad all went well. It's normal to worry though. Heck, I worry all the time lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->