Social services help please

Chezzer

Reaction score
Hi
So I'm 10w 3d and I'l try and cut a long story short.
I had a child in 2005 and basically struggled to deal with a situation and had lots of people involved cams soc serv cafcas and I got a bit shouty with my son so I was told a emotionally abused my son ( I did not) so he was temp put with his dad and 6mths past and so told he to go for residency went to court and I was told hand custody over to dad or soc will do it anyway . This happened in 2010/11 .
Since then we have had no dealing with soc. And I've not had supervised contact.

Now I'm prego again and the midwife have to make soc aware. They said they will do an assessment on me so my question is what will happen in this assessment. I worried they will snatch my new baby fresh from my womb.

Ps I never had and drink or drug probs.
I'm in England UK.

If you’ve had unsupervised contact with your son since then and nothing went to court I can’t imagune that they will remove your child at birth but they will almost certainly ask that you attend parenting courses and possibly work with some kind of early help. I know it’s difficult, especially as they may not actually start their assessment for quite a while yet but try not to worry.
I’m not a social worker by the way but have worked with safeguarding of slightly older children. Hopefully someone else who knows a bit more will have some more helpful advice for you though.

It did go to court and they ruled in my sons dad's favour but since then we have had no dealing with soc or further court dealings.
I can have my son when ever I like.

Sorry I wasn’t clear, I didn’t mean court for residency between you or your ex I meant court for social services to apply for a care order. Since there’s been no further action with them and you have your son regularly and they didn’t ask for it to be supervised I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Thank you xx
I hope the just back the eff off and leave me alone . X

I think your off to a good start with midwives and soc ser as you have already reached out to them about your anxiety and worries. Getting the help now shows you are being proactive dealing with your issues and you can have help and support in place before baby arrives. Since you have unsupervised visits with your son whenever you want it sounds like they are just ticking off checklists rather than having any real concerns.

I really hope so and thanks for the advise. I forgot to mention I have a seasonal job with a disabled children's charity and full enhanced clears dbs (criminal record check)

Thanks girlies x

I think everything should be ok, it’s in the past. If you have unsupervised contact with your son and no social work involvement it’s highly unlikely anything will come about it, they will probably just sit in the background. Social work have a duty of care to protect children from harm/ neglect etc but most often than not poke there noses into people’s lives where it’s not needed and by doing that miss the children that are being abused/neglected... I have had dealings myself with them and you can probably tell I am not their biggest fan. With my son I was 3 months pregnant when the midwife informed them my son’s father had a drug problem, I had a social worker come round checking my house right down to the contents and dates of products in my fridge before my son was born. Then after my son was born I got post natal depression and they turned on me made me have supervised contact, made my son’s father his main carer and actually forced me to leave my home and treated me like shit which in turn did not help my depression ultimately it made it 100 times worse. I know how you feel though too am worried they will be back when this baby’s born. Try not to stress about it, easier said than done though x

Thanks Jamiesm
and thanks for the food tip off. They really do scrutinise everything u do and it never seems good enough I could have Jamie Oliver be my cook ted baker personally make my clothes and have a maid cleans my house and they would still find fault.
I hate them mine was a man he was a complete C U Next Tuesday
Didn't mention stuff I relied on in court. So what else did soc serv do?.
I also work for a children's charity working with kids with very special needs and they know about my past and are happy to have me work for them I have a clean DBS.
Can't remember are you in the UK.

Thanks Jamiesm
and thanks for the food tip off. They really do scrutinise everything u do and it never seems good enough I could have Jamie Oliver be my cook ted baker personally make my clothes and have a maid cleans my house and they would still find fault.
I hate them mine was a man he was a complete C U Next Tuesday
Didn't mention stuff I relied on in court. So what else did soc serv do?.
I also work for a children's charity working with kids with very special needs and they know about my past and are happy to have me work for them I have a clean DBS.
Can't remember are you in the UK.

The social worker checking my fridge was a man to and he was an absolute knob also like yours. They are an absolute nuisance!! Yeah you are so right there you could be perfect and they would still find fault somewhere! I too at the time was a qualified nursery practitioner with a clean PVG record so my argument with them was “ I could work and look after other people’s children... but not my own” doesn’t seem right!! Yeah I’m in Scotland x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->