Sofabeds... yay or nay?

My Mum and myself both have sofa beds that are very firm and the back of the sofa just folds down to make the bed, the bit you lie on is 4-5 inches thick like a proper mattress and they are dead comfy.

Its easier to change than the traditional sofa bed that you need to pull all the cushions off and fold out too.

Something like this frame from Ikea and they have a choice of 4 different mattresses for it.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10031628

Think I'd go for a futon too if you really don't want the bed in your room (I'd go for that over the futon personally as you won't have the hassel of having to make up the bed every night). If you find it's not comfortable enough for you I recommend getting a memory foam topper (10cm is a good thickness), you can get some bargains on ebay (new ones!!!), they make uncomfortable beds very comfortable and you could roll it up during the day so you can still use your sofa.

Hope you find a solution that works well for you x

DFS have some goods one if you have about £700 to spare lol

Hmm my brother sleeps on a really nice futon every single day!! He loves it.. because that way he has like a sort of couch in his bedroom for when his friends come over and they play on the xBox 360.. :)

I wouldnt have one personally, my one was great for friends to crash out on, but killed your back if you slept on it too long. it was a great sofa, but an awful bed, and being pregnant your sleep is more important than somewhere to sit- you can still sit on a bed too.
My one was john lewis, so not cheap at all, and totally not comfortable as a bed either
https://www.johnlewis.com/230447223/Product.aspx
mine was like this one, but not quite the same.

I think a day bed is definately better than a sofa bed...I've slept on even expensive sofa beds, and its been a nightmare. But I am fussy. :rofl:

To be honest, one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on was a sofa bed. Granted, I didn't sleep on it long term, just staying at someone's house for the night, but it was incredible. The mattress was actually I think combination inflatable and structured (structured mattress topper with inflatable body), nice and firm and very comfy. I have no idea what brand it was, but if you can get a GOOD sofa bed, then I think you would be fine. You'd definitely need to test before you buy though. A futon is also a good idea.

Just wanted to add, you will also need to think about storing the bedding in the day, so you might want to look for something that has built in storage.

I cant vouch for their comfort but i have seen corner sofas that convert into a bed, so at least the bed will be a good size, and you'll have maximum comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->