Soft Ice-cream

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
I just wondered what the situation is with soft icecream and milkshakes, why is it we're not supposed to have these? I've stayed away from the icecream but had 3 milkshakes over the weekend without thinking!

Ive still been eating ice cream and milkshakes, i dont eat them too often but when i was holidays i ate icecream everyday ??

we are meant to avoid those things?

Seriously?:dohh:

oopsy:blush:....oh well my lil one is pretty much cooked and it doesn't seem to have done any harm....

I think we're supposed to avoid the ice cream man's Mr. Whippy's from machines as it's possible that the pipes in the machine can harbour bacteria if not cleaned correctly.

No I asked my Dr about that! He said that soft serve ice cream like the ones from Mr whippy and McDonalds etc...are not stored at the correct temp...because they have to stay soft serve. And at that temp listeria can be harboured and cause major birth defects....
We are alowed to have ice cream you get in the suppermarket (you know a 2ltr etc) or ice creams like Magnums (if you get those over there) or any in a packet...coz of the way its stored!
Bum I like soft serve! :hissy: But I would prefer to wait! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just avoid dodgy icecream vans incase they don't clean their equipment properly. Places like McDonalds are trustworthy enough IMO.

I agree...dont even have soft serve ice cream if you can avoid it! Its better to be safe than sorry...you know?
Have an ice cream cone from the supermarket ice cream instead! :hugs:

Ah, if it's a listeria thing I'll steer clear then. I'm generally quite sensible and not cutting myself off from everything which is meant to be bad for you but if it's listeria then I guess I'd better resist from now on!

Just avoid dodgy icecream vans incase they don't clean their equipment properly. Places like McDonalds are trustworthy enough IMO.

I've been behind the scenes at McD's so I wouldn't count on that! I was partial to a Mcflurry though and they've just bought out a Wispa version and I can't have it!!!!!:hissy:

ya but they have parts that come off so they can clean it don't they?

Stay away from whippy as it can contain harmful bacteria i really wanted one the other day 2 but i just wouldnt risk it!

I've not had any Ice-cream van Ice-cream,but I have been eating Ice-cream from supermarkets. I didn't know about this, so thanks for telling me. :D

Were we meant to stay away from them? Ooops.... lol.

Ive been eating both van icecream and maccy ds icecream!! I ate it all the time when i was pregnant with Benn as i didnt know about us not ment to be having it, it was what i craved and i ate loads and loads of it all the time and his ok.

Stay away from whippy as it can contain harmful bacteria i really wanted one the other day 2 but i just wouldnt risk it!

It doesnt CONTAIN harmful bacteria.... if that was the case no one would be allowed to eat it!!!

It just has a high risk of listeria!!

I've been behind the scenes at McD's so I wouldn't count on that! I was partial to a Mcflurry though and they've just bought out a Wispa version and I can't have it!!!!!:hissy:

I used to work at a McDonalds, and it was the cleanest restaurant I ever worked in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->