Soft Ice-cream

ya but they have parts that come off so they can clean it don't they?

I used to work at Fatdonalds an yep the "shakey" (milkshake and ice cream machine) gets taken to bits every night and cleaned and sanitised...I have been eating Mcflurrys but wouldn't touch a Mr Whippy with a bargepole

I thought they had unpasturised egg white in them.... They just sound a bit horrific now which is good as I'm now really not wanting one!!! x

I thought they had unpasturised egg white in them.... They just sound a bit horrific now which is good as I'm now really not wanting one!!! x

Noooooooooooooooooooo....not stuff like you get at McDonalds etc, it's all pasteurised.

Real home-made type ice-cream can often have raw egg yolks in as they can be made with a custard base but not the stuff from Tesco's etc

Noooooooooooooooooooo....not stuff like you get at McDonalds etc, it's all pasteurised.

Real home-made type ice-cream can often have raw egg yolks in as they can be made with a custard base but not the stuff from Tesco's etc

Maybe I've read it about home made stuff then made the connection with soft icecream as I knew that was bad too...

Thanks x

Stay away from whippy as it can contain harmful bacteria i really wanted one the other day 2 but i just wouldnt risk it!

It doesnt CONTAIN harmful bacteria.... if that was the case no one would be allowed to eat it!!!

It just has a high risk of listeria!!

if u read it properly i said it CAN contain bacteria! Thank you

I don't think the actual icecream does b/c its been frozen. I think it's the machine it comes out of.

yeh the impression I got is that those machines you cant 100% make sure they are 100% sterilised and clean!!
The one from my restuarant.... which whips cream I can understand that!!

Also I apoligise Danni for mis-reading!!

As for milkshakes....never read that in any of my pregnancy mags/books??????????????????

My friend thought you couldn't eat cheesecake coz it contains soft cheese but this refers to unpasteurised (and blue vein cheeses) like Brie, Stilton etc not the Philadelphia I use in my cheesecakes by the way (if you want the recipe pm me:winkwink:, I make a mean raspberry and white choc cheesecake:happydance:).

Some cheesecakes from deli's etc could contain unpasteurised crem cheese so avoid those but those fresh and frozen things from the supermarket are again all pasteurised.

I assume straightforward plain milkshakes are ok though? I would never have a milkshake made with ice cream anyway...I'm a good old fashioned milk and flavouring kid!

Well I've had Mc D's Milkshakes and McFlurrys from the start from 3 diff places, and I've been fine lol.

Also homemade icecream in devon (bad of me I know).

Ive had Mr whippy icecream too :):)

Think we should go to the naught corner Becky :rofl:

No I asked my Dr about that! He said that soft serve ice cream like the ones from Mr whippy and McDonalds etc...are not stored at the correct temp...because they have to stay soft serve. And at that temp listeria can be harboured and cause major birth defects....
We are alowed to have ice cream you get in the suppermarket (you know a 2ltr etc) or ice creams like Magnums (if you get those over there) or any in a packet...coz of the way its stored!
Bum I like soft serve! :hissy: But I would prefer to wait! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

This is right!!

No I asked my Dr about that! He said that soft serve ice cream like the ones from Mr whippy and McDonalds etc...are not stored at the correct temp...because they have to stay soft serve. And at that temp listeria can be harboured and cause major birth defects....
We are alowed to have ice cream you get in the suppermarket (you know a 2ltr etc) or ice creams like Magnums (if you get those over there) or any in a packet...coz of the way its stored!

Well that would mean that at 30+ weeks where baby is completely formed, it would be fine to eat these.. :blush:

I ate them with my son too and he's fine. I don't know how much truth goes into all of this stuff. Soon we'll only be allowed dried crackers.

This is right!!

Its more about cleniness .... what my MW said and all my books etc!!

"Avoid soft-whip ice cream from machines (Listeria can survive at low temperatures if the machines are not clean)."

If the above was true there would be WAY more cases of listeria!! Not just in pregnant women but children and adults too!!

I dunno if im right in saying this or if it only applies to pregnant women but have you ever heard of anyone being ill from eating icecream i know i certainly havent. But ive not over done it this time just incase and im being nieve and it really is really dangerous.

I dunno if im right in saying this or if it only applies to pregnant women but have you ever heard of anyone being ill from eating icecream i know i certainly havent. But ive not over done it this time just incase and im being nieve and it really is really dangerous.

Supposedly. We're more likely get catch things when pregnant.

I havent either!! I dont overdo it but if I want it.... I eat it :):)

If you read some sites they say to avoid cold deli meats.... packed salads.... pastries.... lots of stuff!! We wouldnt eat anything if we followed every rule!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->