Soft, pretty girls name?

minties

Complete
Reaction score
My first daughter has what I think of as quite a soft, girly name. I think I quite like that in a girls name. She is Sophie May.

I had been thinking of Alice for my next baby (it's a girl) but the last name is Anderson and it just doesn't seem to go well? The middle name will be Irene which is my grandmas name. My grandma does a lot for me and the kids.

My OH has suggested Lucy which is on my mental list, but I'm not in love with it.

I love Anna, but Anna Anderson...? Er, no. I also like Ellie, Emily, Emma an Holly but not sure if these seem very dated or not.

Any other ideas? I quite like short names. I did think of something like Eleanor and nickname Ellie but it's just a mouthful to me.

Isla
Erin
Ava
Eve/ Evie/ Evelyn
Annabelle
Elena

I actually think Anderson goes with all those names.

I love Alice and think Alice Irene Anderson flows well.

Your choices are definitely what I would class as cute pretty girl names and definitely not dated.

Trying to think of others I would say:

Ivy
Abigail
Rose
Ella (that is a bit of a mouthful actually!)
Beth (could be Elizabeth if you prefer it for a nn)
Lily

My daughter is Hollie so I'm a bit biased as I love it. All your names are lovely and I agree soft and girly. Other names which I think are in that category include
Lily
Milly
Ella
Layla
Evie
Rosie

Xx

I'm partial to Holly ;)

I think Alice Anderson sounds lovely together! Not sure where you live, but Emma and Emily are currently in the top 10 most popular names for girls in the US, so definitely not dated. All of the names you chose are lovely and feminine and would go well with your surname! :thumbup:

I love Lucy :thumbup:

I think Lucy is great. I'm not a fan of alliteration names personally so, for me, I wouldn't choose Alice. But it is still a beautiful name :)

Violet was what came to my mind reading your post

You have the same trouble as me, that lots of pretty names clash with surname.
Ours is Allonby, and alice is a bit of a mouthful, but I loved it too much not too use it. It's not like you use both nsmes together when you're talking to them. Anna was also on my list.

Other suggestions
Emily
Katie
Orla
Grace
Jessica
Isla
Hannah
Louise

Emily, Isobel, summer, Chloe, Charlotte, Elsie, Imogen x

I think Alice Anderson sounds fine.

I love Emma, though. I don't think it could ever be classed as dated, it's a classic. It was my choice for my LO when I was pregnant but unfortunately a close family member had a baby shortly before us and named her Emma so it felt off-limits. :(

I keep thinking of floral names...

Lily
Lila
Flora
Violet
Claire/Clara
Jade/Jada
Elise (Uh-lees)--sort of like Alice
Lucy
Maya
Kaya
Grace
Hazel
Laina
Alannah

Lilia is a sweet one.
I think Alice Anderson sounds fine :)

I like Holly, it was on my yes list but someone I know has recently called her baby Hollie and I couldn't copy.

Hannah is also a very good choice 😉

I was going to suggest Alice! I think Alice Anderson sounds great :). I have a friend named Anna Anderson and I think it actually sounds really cool.
Mmm, how about:
Hannah
Sarah
Violet
Laura
Helen
Ellen
Amy
Rose

I think Alice Anderson sounds lovely! I also love Lucy, I think they are both soft, feminine and classic, they'd be on my list but I have cousins with both of those names!

Alice is pretty but i thought of Alyssa when reading your post.

Thank you so very much everyone!

My current DD was being very helpful when I read her the list, she hates them all and said the new baby will be called Sophie just like her. Haha!

We have a close relative with an Alyssa, Alanna, Ashley and...er...one other A name I can't remember, so I don't feel like I can consider those. I also don't like floral names or gemstone names (i.e Ruby). I do really love Emma but keep thinking it's a 90's American sounding name because of Ross and Rachel's baby on friends. Which is silly!

Lots of great ideas for me, I'll show my OH when he's home, thanks very much.

My first and lat name both start with M so regarding Alice Anderson that shouldn't bother me.

I love Emma it's my nieces name which is why I couldn't use it myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with Alice Anderson either.

I love Emma, I don't think it is dated at all, I've always thought it was a timeless name. I also don't think there's anything wrong with Alice Anderson!

Other girl names I love are Isla, Wren, Lyla, Starla, Nora, Lark, and Harper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->