solar dermatitis!!- i have a mild allergy to the sun!!!

strawberry19

me oh & Noah :)
Reaction score
so here i am findiing it very ridiculous right now that the sun can give me an allergy :( ive always had a heat rash type rash come up when i am in the sun and never really thought anything of it until i had to go to a&e as my shoulder was bleeding from it!! turns out i have solar dermatitis which is common among young women and children?!!! i have never heard of it but it does explain alot of why ive always had a rash after being in the sun so just a warning to you ladies and gents for your safety and your kiddies if you have a pin prick like rash come up after being in the sun and get sores please check it out!!! i was only out in it for 20 mins today walking around town!!

Ouch, sounds painful! :hugs:

But I'm glad you found out so you can be aware of it in the future. People underestimate how strong the sun really is. Went to a BBQ and was outside for about 2 hours (was no clear sun out as well, one of those cloudy but warm days) and after I got inside my whole face puffed up and started oozing stuff out. Really disgusting and it was like this for 8 days. Let's just say I never forget suntan lotion after that :dohh:

was very painful its okay today though thank god just still a slight rash!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->