Solid poo?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by amygwen, Jan 25, 2011.

1. amygwen

amygwen Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline

Kenneth has been eating a lot more solids than usual lately and the past few days his poos have been a lot more solid than watery. This is normal right? I'm assuming it is. I figured it's pretty much common sense since he's not just having milk anymore he's having food too haha. It's just he strains a lot more than what he used to when he tries to poo and I was really worried it could be constipation. But solid poos are normal at his age right? Thanks! :hugs:

2. LesleyP

LesleyP Mummy to Lily-May ♥

Yup, it's normal :) xx

3. surprisemummy

surprisemummy Well-Known Member

my Lo has hard poops. hes 10 months but hes had them since he was like 4 months. xx

4. littleone2010

littleone2010 Mum of two girls

oooh we get these quite often now too.. was worse when we started weaning and its much better now we have been weaning for a few months, I make sure she drinks a good amount of water when she has her meals it really helps xx

5. amygwen

amygwen Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline

Aww thanks ladies! For a minute I thought people forgot about my question! Nice to know it's normal and not to worry :hugs:

6. Babydayz

Babydayz Well-Known Member

DD has been BLW for almost 6 weeks, and her stools went from being normal runny BF baby poo to after just a few days of solids..rather firm/formed stools. And, they appear to be smaller but she seems to be well..so I'm assuming it's normal.