Solid poop???

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
OH just changed our daughter's diaper...there was a tiny solid poop.... WHAT THE HELL?!? She's 2 months old!!! Should I be concerned??

She primarily gets expressed breastmilk, but we recently switched from supplementing regular formula to soy. Could this be related?

Was it hard like pellets? Or did it just have a little more form than usual? Alexandra had firmer poo earlier this week. I thought it might be a bit of constipation but it went away in a day or so. They say only to worry if there's any blood in it or if it's hard like pellets (kind of like bunny poo, if that makes sense??). If you're worried, though, I would definitely suggest you contact your doctor.

Also, does her belly fell hard at all? And does she seem to be uncomfortable? If not, it could just be one of those little digestive changes. And changing formula will do strange things to poo. :haha:

She wasn't any more fussy than usual, tummy only feels firmer after feeding. (Hell mine does that too)

It was firm but not like rockhard.

It may just be her adjusting to the new formula. If it persists though your doctor might be able to prescribe a suppository or advise you to push a little bit of water (not a lot, as she's little).

As a side note, our little ones aren't too far apart in age. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->