Some Advice Please - Early Pregnancy Sex

Mandy-Moo

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post! I was hoping for some advice.

I am 12 weeks pregnant (according to my dates, but I think I am a couple of weeks earlier), won't know for definite how far I am until our scan next week!

Since finding out I was pregnant, I have not had sex with my husband, until yesterday (well it was our anniversary and thought we would see how it goes!!). There was no discomfort but later on that evening I had some bleeding, not heavy but was like dark brown blood (not fresh red blood if you know what I mean) in a "gloupy discharge" when I went to the toilet and some was on my panty liner.

I had some more when going to the toilet this afternoon. Had slight tummy pains and my tummy felt tender to touch but I have been suffering with constipation so that could be down to that.

I was wondering if the bleeding is normal after sex this early on in pregnancy? We had read that sex is safe but not sure if my body was not ready for it yet??

Your advice would be much appreciated!!

Hi! :hi:

I don't know what to tell you, as I haven't experienced that. Best to call your doctor :)

Hi there! :hi: Congrats on your pregnancy!

And yes - what you describe sounds perfectly normal! Bleeding with sex in early pregnancy happens pretty often. As long as it isn't bright red (new blood) and isn't accompanied by bad cramps then all should be just fine!
If you are still worried I would hold off on sex until you see your doctor and get a scan - that way you can put your mind at ease!
Hope that helps a bit! :)

:wave: Hello & Welcome :flow:

It's pretty normal to have spotting or dark brownish blood, just as long as it isn't bright red blood. I had it after sex when I was in first tri, I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks everyone, your help is much appreciated! I'm putting a ban on sex for the next 6 months lol!! Can't be doing with the stress and worry if it happens again!!

My scan next week seems like forever away!! Just want to make sure everything is ok :)

:wave:

Hi, and welcome to BnB!

I haven't experienced what you describe but just wanted to say hello

xx

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welcome.gif

:wave: Haven't experienced it so no advice I'm afraid :flower:

:hi:

I bled after sex with my first and sounded similar to what you describe. I was also worried and went to the hospital but everything was ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->