• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

some info for u please at least have a read takes 2 mins

kaz29

Reaction score
hi, just visting to give some advice and trust me as much as u think shut up, this is more than likely gonna happen to u as u would be suprised at how many ladies in 3rd tri complain about this.

One of the worst symptoms for me and what has been spoilling my later stages has been constipation. Now ive had it before pregnancy and its been awful in the past but this kind is something else im telling u. So please remember this thread and when u start to feel constipated could be in 2nd or even 3rd tri when u 1st get the symptoms - please dont do what ive done and ignored it. 2 wks ago i was struggling but still just about managing to go but this wk has been horrendous.

What u need to do is make sure u are including fibre in your diet and also take a stool softener thats safe to take during pregnancy. Please take this advice, if i can help one person avoid what ive been through today with it then this thread is worth while.

Trust me it has gotton very bad for me and has been a traumatic day regarding this,

Thanks and happy LO growing !!!!

ps i am now taking Lactulose solution, its a safe stool softener to take during pregnancy, it took 1 hour and half to work and it tastes really nice like golden syrup so my advice is to try this if u are struggling. Good luck ladies xxxxxxx

I have been struggling with this from the very beginning and I have tried everything fruit lots of it fiber lots of it even prunes yuk not nice. In the end I went to doctors and they wouldn't give me Sena as midwife had advised and chemist wouldn't sell it to me they said as pregnant needed a doctors prescription lol. They did give me fybrogel but it hasn't been working and its awful I'm now 17+ weeks and its driving me crazy. They did offer me a rectal examination but so far have declined lol just can't bring myself to do that thank you. So I am now going small amount 1 a week tmi I know but so far nothing has worked. I might just have to go for that examination after all but I'm just praying for a miracle ha ha.

I have been struggling with this from the very beginning and I have tried everything fruit lots of it fiber lots of it even prunes yuk not nice. In the end I went to doctors and they wouldn't give me Sena as midwife had advised and chemist wouldn't sell it to me they said as pregnant needed a doctors prescription lol. They did give me fybrogel but it hasn't been working and its awful I'm now 17+ weeks and its driving me crazy. They did offer me a rectal examination but so far have declined lol just can't bring myself to do that thank you. So I am now going small amount 1 a week tmi I know but so far nothing has worked. I might just have to go for that examination after all but I'm just praying for a miracle ha ha.

aww hun i know how u are feeling i really do, ive just been and got some lactulose solution which u can take if preg and its actually nice to take and i can tell u that within 1 hour and a half i was able to go, still hurt like hell because they were two of the fattest poo's ive ever done but at least they came out. This stuff actually tastes like golden syrup so please get some. U can get on perscription or buy at chemist and if the chemist wont sell it to u etc..(some of them can be really funny and just scared of getting sude) just get someone else to go in and ask for it. This stuff is safe for kids to take. The chemist gave me this today so its safe xxxx

with DD i had terrible constipation for a week with excruciating pains and was in bed with it, the next week i had the runs for 5 days and day 6 went into labour lol! tmi i know but i thought id share since i know how much pain your in!!
with dd i was eating plenty of fibre and supplements but still got it, i think sometimes its inevitable that you will get it with all the hormones, but at least attempting to keep it at bay then you know you hve done everything you can!

Kaz29 i hope you feel better soon hun! if all else fails try drinking a pint of prune juice, thatl get things going! jut not in the nicest of ways xxx

I'm stuck with constipation have done since 14 weeks (N) If it wasn't for my iron tablets I'd be fine.

I go 2 days a weeks without them, to give my bowels a rest. Drinking OJ to help too.

Luckily I have never had to worry about constipation during any of my pregnancies, but after I had my 2nd I did struggle after she was born and omg it was horrid. I waited too long before taking anything, though I was taking stool softeners that I was given in the hospital but they werent working for me. I should have tried something else after like 2-3 days not a week! When I finally went it was so painful and I bled like a period from there cuz it was so huge and hard :/

Constipation is a terrible thing. I had it a bit before getting pregnant (at 5 weeks I found out that I have a small case of hemmies already) and have noticed an increase off and on since I've been pregnant. Some weeks I go every other day easily and other weeks it's a real struggle. I've also noticed that it makes my nausea worse when it happens.

Drink plenty of water, eat fruits and veggies if you can stomach them, and take a fiber supplement or stool softener. Even with all that I know that sometimes we can't avoid it. It's no fun. Hang in there ladies! :hugs:

Luckily I have never had to worry about constipation during any of my pregnancies, but after I had my 2nd I did struggle after she was born and omg it was horrid. I waited too long before taking anything, though I was taking stool softeners that I was given in the hospital but they werent working for me. I should have tried something else after like 2-3 days not a week! When I finally went it was so painful and I bled like a period from there cuz it was so huge and hard :/

I couldnt go after DD either, but mine was more from being scared crapless that everything was going to fall out if i pushed lol! i waited a week before asking my midwife what to do, she giggled at me and promised me that nothing would fall out if i pushed and later that day i went easily, think it was my mind not letting me go lol! xx

plj juice is really good too, and just eating something very spicy. i had it worst in first tri, at one point i coudlnt sit down on my ass for the pain, i ate half a jar of jalepenos and it worked.

also a short sharp black sugary coffee, and they all work quicker than lactulose.

Thanks for this. I suffer with IBS (more towards constipation rather than diarrhoea end of the scale) and so can kinda get where you are coming from. I would purposely eat and drink things I know irritated my tummy so I would 'go' twice a day. If I eat too much fibre I clog up so to speak!! Lactulose is yummy, I could drink the stuff :D

Glad you are feeling better.

xx

I couldnt go after DD either, but mine was more from being scared crapless that everything was going to fall out if i pushed lol! i waited a week before asking my midwife what to do, she giggled at me and promised me that nothing would fall out if i pushed and later that day i went easily, think it was my mind not letting me go lol! xx

LOL! I know how you ladies feel! The hospital I delivered at was giving me Senokot tablets multiple times a day and the day after DD was born I was able to go. It was TRAUMATIC to say the least. I remember that being scarier (because I was at home) and more painful (because of all the stitches) than delivering DD.

During pregnancy, I have found that drinking apple juice every day before bed seems to help.

LOL! I know how you ladies feel! The hospital I delivered at was giving me Senokot tablets multiple times a day and the day after DD was born I was able to go. It was TRAUMATIC to say the least. I remember that being scarier (because I was at home) and more painful (because of all the stitches) than delivering DD.

During pregnancy, I have found that drinking apple juice every day before bed seems to help.

LMAO i was at home too and remember thinking omg what if while im sitting here trying to push everything falls out and i have to call an ambulance on the loo and they will have to come and get me with my trousers around my ankles! :blush: i was so embarrassed about the ifs and the possible loss of all my innerds down the loo that i just couldnt go! i was terrified lmao! I had to hold a giant sanitary pad against my bits to put my mind at rest that nothing could escape since i was holding it in lol! This is 1 of the things i look back on and laugh at the most! how i could be so convinced that everything was going to fall out that i actually had to hold it in before i could go lmao! needless to say, all my innerds stayed in tact and are still there to this day! tho im sure il go through the same thing after this bubs lol! xx

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier and she was constipated so badly whilst pregnant with her son that her c section was booked a week early! She'd been in so much pain she had even ended up in hospital a couple of times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"