some information about hcg levels and testing

Cheekygringo

Reaction score
I came across this on another site and thought some ladies in the tww might find it helpful. Also don't forget, your not out until AF shows.

++++++

I found this post and found it super informative.* I love how she broke this down for all of you that AREN'T getting BFP at 10 dpo.

hCG doubles every 48 hours. You can have a level of 1 - 5 in a non pregnant state.*

Implantation could belater than you think.*

If a woman implants at 8dpo, with a 'non pregnant' hCG level of 1 [Which is totally normal] it would rise as follows

8dpo - 1miu hcg
10dpo - 2miu
12dpo - 4miu
14dpo [Day AF is typically due] - 8miu
16dpo - 16miu*

So this lady wouldn't finnd out until 15dpo on a very senstive 10miu pregnancy test, superdrug own or possibly asda own. Obviously if she implants LATER than 8dpo [which is normal] she will find out even later.

Now, Take a lady who implants at 8dpo, But has a'Non pregnant' hCG level of 5. Hers looks like this;

8dpo - 5miu
10dpo- 10miu - Could find out here on superdrug own, internet cheapie
12dpo - 20miu - Could find out here with freedom cheapie strip/most poundland tests and asda own]
14dpo - 40miu [day period is typically due] Most tests would pick it up here

So, This lady, Even though implantation is on the same say for both ladies, Can find out MUCH sooner. Now, If this lady were to implant at 6dpo she could potentially find out at just 8dpo. But if the first lady were to implant at 12dpo, She would find out even later, Even if they have the same cycle and OV days!

Thank you so much for this!!!
I tested bfn at 11dpo and thought it meant I was definitely out but I guess not!! AF due tomorrow for me :-S

This is amazing!! Thank you so much for posting Cheeky
It took me a week or so of AF being late before I got a home test (a cheapy) to show a result for my daughter - but my cycles were irregular back then, so I thought that was this cause. This definitely gives me hope this time around :laugh2:

Thanks for sharing explains why some of us get early bfp than others i always got my bfp on 9dpo x

Thank you so much Cheeky for posting this! You guys are awesome!

thanks for sharing that, helps to understand why some women get BFP's at 8dpo and others much later. I'm trying to hold out till 13dpo to test...

Bumping for some ladies needing positivity in the TWW. I found this helpful and I feel much better about my BFN at 10 dpo. Hang in there everyone!

Feel so much better after reading this! Thx u x

This needs another bump!! Hope anyone googling or searching on BnB finds this; it's very helpful!

Thanks for bumping, I needed this today!

I'm cd45, still no af! But getting bfns... What is going on??

wow very interesting... im cd35 out 37 BFN this morning on 20ml test...

there could still be hope!!!

Again thank you so much for this. I tested a few days ago and got a BFN. Period is due today and so far nothing..

thanks so much for this, makes me feel better after getting :bfn: at 6dpo :dohh:

I came across this on another site and thought some ladies in the tww might find it helpful. Also don't forget, your not out until AF shows.

++++++

I found this post and found it super informative.* I love how she broke this down for all of you that AREN'T getting BFP at 10 dpo.

hCG doubles every 48 hours. You can have a level of 1 - 5 in a non pregnant state.*

Implantation could belater than you think.*

If a woman implants at 8dpo, with a 'non pregnant' hCG level of 1 [Which is totally normal] it would rise as follows

8dpo - 1miu hcg
10dpo - 2miu
12dpo - 4miu
14dpo [Day AF is typically due] - 8miu
16dpo - 16miu*

So this lady wouldn't finnd out until 15dpo on a very senstive 10miu pregnancy test, superdrug own or possibly asda own. Obviously if she implants LATER than 8dpo [which is normal] she will find out even later.

Now, Take a lady who implants at 8dpo, But has a'Non pregnant' hCG level of 5. Hers looks like this;

8dpo - 5miu
10dpo- 10miu - Could find out here on superdrug own, internet cheapie
12dpo - 20miu - Could find out here with freedom cheapie strip/most poundland tests and asda own]
14dpo - 40miu [day period is typically due] Most tests would pick it up here

So, This lady, Even though implantation is on the same say for both ladies, Can find out MUCH sooner. Now, If this lady were to implant at 6dpo she could potentially find out at just 8dpo. But if the first lady were to implant at 12dpo, She would find out even later, Even if they have the same cycle and OV days!

Bumping while I wait for my bump.:hugs:

This is great- it's so become the norm now to expect a bfp at 8/9dpo and I've never had that- only usually get bfp after I've missed my period!!
Thanks for sharing/bumping xxxx

This is very helpful. I'm so regular, 23 day cycle and now I'm at CD25. But all BFN's so far. So this gives me some hope...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->