Some parts of the US are seriously behind -__-

Beyond

Reaction score
I was looking at TV and a commercial for clearblue digital pregnancy tests , they were advertising the brand NEW ones that show you how far along you are.

I'm like seriously , I've seen several of the ladies on the babyandbump boards with those already!

I thought they were the only kind of digital to be honest.

I know theyve only just come available in the us lol xx

Yeah they just came out. I told OH "I had to order those from the UK when we were TTC and of course they come out here right after I'm pregnant."

We live in a huge test market area though. We get a lot of the new things first. I worked at David's bridal and we always had dresses that none of the other stores had. Same with some of my other jobs.

Wow, I thought the US had them before us, and I thought you guys had the ones that go beyond 3+ weeks. Then again, the US is a very big place..

(I'm in the UK, by the way).

I didn't realise we didn't have those in the US. I've never looked for them, but assumed they were there because I've seen so many of the ladies here talking about them.

I'm in the US and never heard of them before this board. I was ok with just knowing pos or neg though.

We don't have them in New Zealand, but then again, we don't have Twinkies yet either, so they could be a while off. :haha:

Yeah they've had them in the UK for years.

Do you have the digital ovulation sticks there yet with the flashing smiley face to show 'high' days then solid for peak?

I used one on my Daughter which near enough 4 years ago! Strange!

They JUST put this up on their website

Popular in Europe since 2008, the Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator is now cleared by the FDA and available here in the U.S. The unique and patented design of the Weeks Estimator is the only one of its kind. It uses two separate testing strips to estimate how many weeks based on time since ovulation (1-2 weeks, 2-3 weeks, 3+ weeks). With an easy-to-read digital display, you can rely on Clearblue to give you two essential answers and more information than any other test currently available.

You know what else the US could seriously do with - only around 60 years late - which i was shocked to find out about on the US/UK differences thread - two words - gas & air! Feel sorry for you girls! X

You know what else the US could seriously do with - only around 60 years late - which i was shocked to find out about on the US/UK differences thread - two words - gas & air! Feel sorry for you girls! X
That's cool that you would bring up that thread and that was my thread I started , i hadn't forgotten all about that! lol

Yeah some parts of the US are not advanced at all and some are very advanced. We have gas & air here for dental procedures though. I would actually like to try it while in labor. Although , I did slap my dentist because I thought she was a floating head.

That's cool that you would bring up that thread and that was my thread I started , i hadn't forgotten all about that! lol

Yeah some parts of the US are not advanced at all and some are very advanced. We have gas & air here for dental procedures though. I would actually like to try it while in labor. Although , I did slap my dentist because I thought she was a floating head.

Ah yes I thought it was your thread!

I read that the stuff in the dentists is a stronger version but the same type of thing. So you wouldn't be quite so off your face lol :)

I asked my Dr why the US is just getting them and he said that they had to pass vigorous testing to be in the US market. I guess it took awhile for them to be at the "standards" that the FDA felt comfortable releasing them. I like others just want my two lines, I go to the doctor pretty immediately last time I was there at 4 weeks :haha: This time around I will be there by the end of my 4th week...just want to make sure my little bean sticks! I think that these tests are GREAT for those who have wonky cycles or are like wait, I haven't had a period in like months!?

I also asked my doctor if I could get a false positive on one of them and he shook his head and said, a line is a line and a Digital reading is a digital reading. I am a worry wart! lol

I just said this to my DH last night lol. I said they aren't new! They already came out in the UK because the ladies on the pregnancy forum talk about them. The US is behind on so many things in the medical field and in other things as well. It's the mindset of Americans that most believe we live in the most advanced forward thinking country in the world. It's so far from the truth! Sometimes I think the US could take notes from other countries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->