Some parts of the US are seriously behind -__-

I just said this to my DH last night lol. I said they aren't new! They already came out in the UK because the ladies on the pregnancy forum talk about them. The US is behind on so many things in the medical field and in other things as well. It's the mindset of Americans that most believe we live in the most advanced forward thinking country in the world. It's so far from the truth! Sometimes I think the US could take notes from other countries!

Starting with our maternity leave! Ha!

Theyve been out in the uk for like 2 years or something now... And they are made in the usa lols

:haha: that's funny! Yes I would LOVE to be offered g &a

I just said this to my DH last night lol. I said they aren't new! They already came out in the UK because the ladies on the pregnancy forum talk about them. The US is behind on so many things in the medical field and in other things as well. It's the mindset of Americans that most believe we live in the most advanced forward thinking country in the world. It's so far from the truth! Sometimes I think the US could take notes from other countries!

YES YES YES! Definitely need to start with the maternity leave portion.

Hm! I used them with my son and he is now 3y 4m so over 4 years ago! Im in Scotland

Boy is that truth! My friend in Germany told me all the time mothers get there. Mothers in the US don't get near enough time at home with there babies. Just doesn't seem fair. The cost of daycare is even more outrageous!

Boy is that truth! My friend in Germany told me all the time mothers get there. Mothers in the US don't get near enough time at home with there babies. Just doesn't seem fair. The cost of daycare is even more outrageous!

Oh yes, don't even get me started on day care costs!!! lol

I read that there are around 6 hospitals in the US offering gas &air, maybe you guys should start queuing up at them, then the others might get the idea lol!

And then yeah someone seriously needs to sort your maternity leave policies!

Child care is expensive here too. That could be improved here.

I assumed US would have had the digital test as we have had them in Australia for a while. I was also shocked to hear some ladies don't get maternity leave?!?!? I'm lucky where I work I get a year paid leave at 50% and also money from the government plus my husband gets two weeks paid parental leave for the government when bub is born.

They JUST put this up on their website

Popular in Europe since 2008, the Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator is now cleared by the FDA and available here in the U.S. The unique and patented design of the Weeks Estimator is the only one of its kind. It uses two separate testing strips to estimate how many weeks based on time since ovulation (1-2 weeks, 2-3 weeks, 3+ weeks). With an easy-to-read digital display, you can rely on Clearblue to give you two essential answers and more information than any other test currently available.

The good old FDA! Take four years to approve a pregnancy test but instantly allow Monsato to poison our food with GMO's! Gotta love this country!

I wonder how women here in the US would go about trying to change the maternity leave issue? I'm sure it would be a big undertaking.

I wonder how women here in the US would go about trying to change the maternity leave issue? I'm sure it would be a big undertaking.

We have some maternity leave BUT it is not available to everyone which I don't think is fair! I get 4 wks before and 6/8 after disability depending on what kind of delivery.

Then I get an additional 24 wks family leave. Almost 6 months...but for some they get nothing. It doesn't seem right! :shrug:

I only get short term disability that's paid and even then, I have to cover the first four weeks off on my own before short term disability will kick in. I get 6wks for vaginal delivery from the day the baby is born and 10wks if it's a c section.

I have figured out if I have the dr. write me off work a month before I'm due, I can cover that first four weeks, then I'll get paid for the whole 6-10wks short term disability if that makes since. I think it's smarter to do it this way versus waiting until I deliver, using my vacay and sick time for the first 4 weeks, and only getting paid short term disability for 2-6 weeks.

Of course, I can use FMLA, and I plan to use some of it, but it's not paid :nope:

Im pretty sure it Sweden that do 16 months maternity at 84% pay of your usual wages - thats pretty good going!!

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was in reference to the United States' abysmal maternal/ neonatal death rates compared to other Western countries with populations over 400k.... :nope:

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was in reference to the United States' abysmal maternal/ neonatal death rates compared to other Western countries with populations over 400k.... :nope:

I think us parents need to be more active in their pregnancies/deliveries to help this. It's not a cure all but I think it's a great idea. I think so many think "I'm going to just lie there with my epi and the nurses and dr. Will do the rest" like its a cake walk. They don't get actively involved and put their foot down to get what's needed or stop what's not needed. If I had never found this site I wouldn't have known over half the things I put in my birthplan :thumbup:

It won't ever change if we don't demand change.

I didn't know there was no gas and air in the US! That's crazy! Where's the US/UK differences thread?

I didn't know there was no gas and air in the US! That's crazy! Where's the US/UK differences thread?

There's like 3 that offer it :( they have been saying for years they're bringing it back but it's just not happening :nope:

We have some maternity leave BUT it is not available to everyone which I don't think is fair! I get 4 wks before and 6/8 after disability depending on what kind of delivery.

Then I get an additional 24 wks family leave. Almost 6 months...but for some they get nothing. It doesn't seem right! :shrug:

My friend with a decent job was back at work after only 8 weeks - all unpaid and 2 of the weeks were her vacation! :nope: It seems so short. I don't think I was even fully healed by then! Not to mention 2 months with no pay would hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->