Some parts of the US are seriously behind -__-

I had a labor of 84 hours, the only thing that saved me towards the end was the epidural....I do wish we had more options at the hospital like these birthing suites though!

Oh, I totally understand that. I'm not totally anti-epidural, I just think that often times they're pushed on women or handed out like sweets without people being fully informed of the potential complications.

You guys don't have these as standard? Do you have other places like this to go to?

Also, how much does having a baby cost in America? I'm floored by the idea of having to pay for it!

Well mine was a unique situation as we lost our son at 31 weeks and needed to have an induced labor. I allowed them to give me IV drugs in the beginnning even though they offered the epidural. I was like no I want to be able to get up, use the toilet! Thank goodness since I was in labor 3 1/2 days . Once I took the pitoicin I concented to the epi as it gave me the pain relief I needed to get through birth. Women don't realize you still have plenty of pain with an epi though, lol.

We do not have anything else, that I know of, then epis .That is about it...

My delivery was about 100K total. It was a long week. :nope: I think vaginals are normally 15K though...

I had a labor of 84 hours, the only thing that saved me towards the end was the epidural....I do wish we had more options at the hospital like these birthing suites though!

Oh, I totally understand that. I'm not totally anti-epidural, I just think that often times they're pushed on women or handed out like sweets without people being fully informed of the potential complications.

You guys don't have these as standard? Do you have other places like this to go to?

Also, how much does having a baby cost in America? I'm floored by the idea of having to pay for it!

Well mine was a unique situation as we lost our son at 31 weeks and needed to have an induced labor. I allowed them to give me IV drugs in the beginnning even though they offered the epidural. I was like no I want to be able to get up, use the toilet! Thank goodness since I was in labor 3 1/2 days . Once I took the pitoicin I concented to the epi as it gave me the pain relief I needed to get through birth. Women don't realize you still have plenty of pain with an epi though, lol.

My delivery was about 100K total. It was a long week. :nope: I think vaginals are normally 15K though...

Of course, and that is very different. Your situation was very traumatic, and different. I can imagine it would be extra distressing to go through such intense pain when you're not getting your live baby at the end of it. I would probably choose the same.

100k .. that is crazy. I take it you have insurance? How much of it did you have to actually pay?

Again, so sorry for your experience and loss :hugs:

Of course, and that is very different. Your situation was very traumatic, and different. I can imagine it would be extra distressing to go through such intense pain when you're not getting your live baby at the end of it. I would probably choose the same.

100k .. that is crazy. I take it you have insurance? How much of it did you have to actually pay?

Again, so sorry for your experience and loss :hugs:

I luckily have very good insurance, did not cost me anything. I also have two policies so if I need to my second policy would cover it but my primary policy covered everything. I know here in the US we have some crappy insurance policies too and that could be detrimental...

It is so traumatic, especially when hospital neglect is involved. We just got our genetic testing back that said our son was a healthy little boy. I have to have faith that is loved and will be waiting for me in heaven....

Hospital births here can be outrageous without proper insurance. There really isn't much I between nothing and an epi.

I haven't heard of birthing centers here before and most insurance policies don't cover home births because of the policies here certified midwives don't perform them. Usually the ones who do don't have proper qualifications.

I just don't understand why they don't bring in gas & air.

Mind you one website suggested it was to do with epidurals making more profit which is terrible.

I think it's profit. I think sections are pushed for the obs convenience and profit too.

HiPPOS...IMHO, I really don't see the point of them. By the time you get a positive, you can pretty much know how far along you are..

We don't have them in New Zealand, but then again, we don't have Twinkies yet either, so they could be a while off. :haha:
They were going to stop making twinkies...but then I heard it is not true , what's really happening that another company is buying them off.

We don't have them in New Zealand, but then again, we don't have Twinkies yet either, so they could be a while off. :haha:
They were going to stop making twinkies...but then I heard it is not true , what's really happening that another company is buying them off.

The whole Twinkie thing was they wanted to get rid of the Union. The new company then re-hired the workers at a much lower rate, very sad. But yes, we still have Twinkies! lol

I read back a few pages, someone mentioned if MW's push epidurals, it all depends on who you get, the clinic I go to is in the hospital, and this one I wasn't too keen on, made it seem like there was NOOOO way that I would be able to handle being in labour :wacko: as if she thought I was too weak, like I look weak, but I didn't find labour that bad, even when I called on the phone I was like 5 centimeters, she told me to go back to bed because she didn't believe I was in labour. So thankfully when I demanded to be seen I got the midwife I LIKE and who totally understood my birth plan and everything, and I had a wonderful birthing and labour experience.
It is SO expensive though!! We don't have maternity insurance as its so expensive! It cost us about 20K.

Have any of you watch The Business Of Being Born?

Available on Netflix.. It makes it all clear as day..

Nope but Ive got Netflix so will if its on the UK version.

I watched teen mom on MTV today and they induced a girl as she was 4 days over due, I couldn't believe it!

Have any of you watch The Business Of Being Born?

Available on Netflix.. It makes it all clear as day..

I am going to watch that! I am disgusted at how America is so money hungry driven. They will compromise anything to get few extra dollars. If it weren't for the Americans who fight for what is right a lot of stuff that we have like no MSG and trans fat and few other things as example would just continue to fly under the radar.

This is my first child and I went to make a appointment at the only OB center we have around here and is still 45mins from my house...I made my appointment then they asked what insurance I have. I said Tricare. She said if you have Tricare prime we can't take you unless you do all this extra stuff (a ton of unnecessary irrelevant BS) but if you have Tricare standard we can. What??? I have Prime which is the better of the two. Where am I suppose to go then I asked flat out and little rude. Midwives aren't even heard of around here. I live in a very rural area. So now I have to jump through hoops and rings of fire just to keep my appointment with the OB!

I am so frustrated because I literally feel like it shouldn't be this complicated and when other women get to go to the doctors with such ease during pregnancy I get so upset because it has been nothing but chaos for me just trying to get seen by a OB/ DR/ MW someone :( :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->