some people are just odd...

But how are people supposed to know you're wearing designer scally socks unless you tuck your trousers inside your socks so people can see the little logo :winkwink::haha: ???

Is that why they do it? I always thought it was so that when they've just nicked stuff, they won't get their trousers caught up in their getaway bike (also stolen from a small child)!

Probably a bitta both hehe- but growing up in b'ham, which has a large population of chav's, I have been lead to believe it's the designer socks thing....If you're gonna spend your money on logo socks then you want people to know just how rich you are!

My hubby's frm liverpool and used to live in Croxteth, he walked past a bike chained to the wall one day. It was missing both its wheels but the frame that was chained was still there. A little bit further down the road a kid tried to sell him 2 bicycle wheels :winkwink:

He wasn't sure whether to congratulate the kid for his glass half full entrepenurial skill and attitude or berate him for not having the nonce to move further away hehe (feel sorry for the person who's bike it was)

Xxxx

I never knew that about the socks! Always wondered why they did it :rofl:

*quietly pops head in* and actually... if you look at a baby/toddler, they sit so straight backed, and look at adults and they walk hunched over. Why? Most people think its because of school, leaning over desks, but that's not always right. Push chairs are hammock shaped in basics, and if a child tries to sit up straight they are pushed back for fear of falling out or being hit by something on the way past. This damages the spine...
... sorry... nursing training is rubbing off on me lol

^^ this makes sense and is of course why they recommend babies lie flat in a pram until at least 6 months and don't spend too much time in those silly infant carrier car seat things.

I think i might have smacked her...I hate it when people say things like that :grr: Curiosity is fine but putting down how someone looks after their baby is soooo out of line.

^^ I had Tabs in a lie flat car seat until she was 4 months and could sit by herself and also the same with the pram...

But how are people supposed to know you're wearing designer scally socks unless you tuck your trousers inside your socks so people can see the little logo :winkwink::haha: ???

Is that why they do it? I always thought it was so that when they've just nicked stuff, they won't get their trousers caught up in their getaway bike (also stolen from a small child)!

Probably a bitta both hehe- but growing up in b'ham, which has a large population of chav's, I have been lead to believe it's the designer socks thing....If you're gonna spend your money on logo socks then you want people to know just how rich you are!

My hubby's frm liverpool and used to live in Croxteth, he walked past a bike chained to the wall one day. It was missing both its wheels but the frame that was chained was still there. A little bit further down the road a kid tried to sell him 2 bicycle wheels :winkwink:

He wasn't sure whether to congratulate the kid for his glass half full entrepenurial skill and attitude or berate him for not having the nonce to move further away hehe (feel sorry for the person who's bike it was)

Xxxx

:rofl:

x

I am always surprised at how much I get stared at when using the kari-me. Most comments are positive - although I do find even the positive people a bit rude when they stand about 2 feet away from me pointing and talking about me between themselves. I always think if you are going to talk about someone, it is polite to include them in the conversation!
I have posted before about an old lady who lives near me and sees me on the bus regularly - she always shakes her head at me and I eventually figured out that she doesn't like the sling after she decided to make comments about it on the bus to anyone who would listen. She didn't get much sympathy - it is a very small local bus and most people on it know me to at least nod hello to me, and there was also a group of ladies from the Ivory Coast who I occasionally bump into and who give me tips about using the sling!
In general, I find it strange how having a baby seems to somehow make your choices and conduct pulic property, to be discussed and judged by any Tom, Dick or Harry. I have posted in the bad mothers confession thread about my baby's first accident yesterday - he grabbed a cup of tea that I had just moved out of the reach of a toddler and splashed it on his hand - he wasn't hurt but got a massive fright, probably mainly because we all leaped up and shoved his hand in cold water, and screamed the place down. I took him outside to calm down, running the gauntlet of every other person in the cafe, glaring and commenting (including the mothers) and while stood outside, several people, mainly women, stopped right in front of us to discuss the crying baby and shake their heads. I was close to screaming when a nice old man came out of the cafe and asked if we were OK and looked at his hand to reassure me he was fine and told me about when his son got scalded 30 years ago! The only other person to look remotely sympathetic was another man who walked past and smiled at us.
I think it is mainly a woman thing - I find that men are much more likely to offer practical help when needed (not all of them obviously) and keep their opinions to themselves.

Oh, and by the way, I also think the socks thing is about showing the logo. Lots of my juvenile clients used to turn up at court like that when it was "in fashion" and the judge always told them to sort themselves out!

Aw kit I bet it was awful. I agree, every comment about the mei tai,whether my baby needs a hat on, etc has always been from a woman

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->