• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Some people drive me crazy about the whole "going overdue" thing =/

eurgh I watched an episode of OBEM and a young girl had 2 nurses push on either of her legs whilst a doctor hauled the baby out of her. She was epi'd up so probably couldnt feel herself push and probably the baby got stuck. However, it was horrendous to watch.

That's exactly what happened to me, the first 2 hours I could not feel to push so the epi wore off and the last 2 hours I tried to make up for what happened before, he still got stuck at the end with shoulder dystocia - pitocin, epidural, prolonged labour/pushing all contributing! I had a bunch of nurses jumping on me (I had no idea what was happening), she did an episiotomy and shoved her hand up inside, it was just ugh!!! My pelvic muscles were so exhausted at that point I couldn't even feel baby's head & doctor's hand inside!

An epidural + shoulder dystocia is soooo dangerous

And yes I've heard of that OBEM episode and I can't watch it, it sounds just like my own labour except mine was more severe. I can't even drive by a hospital without freaking out anymore and that was 16 months ago...

:cry: No ones birth should be like that. How awful :(

candyfloss- how in the world are you to 26 weeks and havn't told your FB friends?!?!?! hahaha you're strong! lol

Lol! Started off as I didn't want to do the announcement at 12 weeks - if we want to tell people we will (and have, couldn't hide it I'm huge lol!) and amazed it's gone so long tbh!

Staying with my parents next wkend so wondering who I'll bump into and might get mentioned on there then I guess - but would love to shock people by just putting an updated family pic up of me, DH and William with newborn baby.... Will let u know if it gets that far!

NawlinsMama- im in coastal New Hampshire (near Dover/Portsmouth). I had my son at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital. However, my son had major neurological concerns and has been seeing a GREAT neurologist from Dartmouth-Hitchcock since he was a few months old. He got released a month or so ago :dance: But anyways, i dont know much about their maternity, but the services we received for our son was AWESOME. I loved that doctor. He was very good and compassionate. I was surprised that he remembered us after not seeing us for 6 months!!! ....I heard Dartmouth Hitchcock now has Gas & Air available! I think it just started actually.

Oh and I just wanted to say, im sorry that your doctors put you in that position :hugs: i am well aware of the laws due to my child birth ed training and my doula training. I know in your state, they dont even recognize midwives :( i hate that ugh. i hope that changes one day, but anyways, no matter what they told you, you have the right to refuse ANY proceedures, routines, exams, medical intervention, etc. You DO have the federal law behind you. I know they pressured you and lied to you, but you do. Im well versed in the law, they could have a big law suite one day if any patient decides to pursue it!

Here is the law. You may find #10 & 16 of particular interest :flower:
https://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ck=10084
I am trying to dig up the actual federal paper on these rights, but my child birth education workshop was almost a yr ago :blush: if i find it, i will post it, but this site does a good job stating those rights.

Hi i just wanted to jump in and thank you all, you have given me the strength to fight the system, i have just got bak from seeing my midwife, i am convinced they have got my dates wrong, i am supposed to be due on sat and they are already trying to get me booked in for an induction at +11 days, see then measures me (again) and says ooo your measuring small ( no shit! ) YOU HAVE MY DATES WRONG! she is sending me for anohter growth scan tomorrow (no 18!) to check that he is not breech again which i know he isnt, why wont they just leave me alone!!!!!

Hi i just wanted to jump in and thank you all, you have given me the strength to fight the system, i have just got bak from seeing my midwife, i am convinced they have got my dates wrong, i am supposed to be due on sat and they are already trying to get me booked in for an induction at +11 days, see then measures me (again) and says ooo your measuring small ( no shit! ) YOU HAVE MY DATES WRONG! she is sending me for anohter growth scan tomorrow (no 18!) to check that he is not breech again which i know he isnt, why wont they just leave me alone!!!!!

Glad we could help :friends:
I hate the "your baby is small argument!" :wacko: sometimes there are legit concerns but id say 99% of the time, it means nothing! Size does NOT equate out to devlopment (in most cases), and so i hate that. So sorry youre dealing with that :hugs:
What is your body structure like? I am short and stout (not even 5 foot 1 inch!) :blush: and the MW kept saying "you are gonna have such a nice size baby, perfect for your petite body!" and plus dh is little too, some women just make smaller babies! nothing wrong with that (outside of a true medical situation). Anyways, not only could it be bc she is wrong about your dates, but it could also be impacted if baby is even slightly engaged. My baby was at a -3 station by 36 weeks, and so i always measure 2-3 weeks off. Even though -3 isn't fully engaged, it can still change everything! also, my baby was sunny side up and so that made a huge difference too!

Best of luck, so glad to help you and empower you during your journey! :friends: you have a large group of girls here backing you so if you need some encouragement/support/advice, dont hesitate my friend :hugs:

aliss that is awful, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. I'm not surprised you're freaked out by hospitals now.
amipregnant - already with the pressure, and you're not even at your supposed due date yet! Stay strong hunny. When do you calculate you're due?

thanks for the encouragement, im 5ft 6 and medium hubby similar, i think they have my dates wrong which is why i think he is small, we didnt find out i was pregnant til 13 weeks by a scan so they told me how far i was. doesnt match any of my dates tho. we will have to wait and see today what the scan shows. it will be interesting to see when he turns up tho!

it will be interesting...they really should have gone by your dates bc those scan accuracy rates decrease substantially after the 12th week...how small are they saying you are? I hope they go by your dates! I know if they went by ultrasound i would be about a week and a half further along, but im glad the MWs went with what i said. I knew when i ovulated (not until CD 22!) well that scan didn't reflect that at all and i was 8+6 when i went in...just proofs how inaccurate those things can be...if they had good accuracy than "no one would go overdue" :dohh: Best of luck hun! let us know how it goes. you can do it! Personally, i say if the placenta is fine and fluids are fine and all that, then they should just leave you alone anyways! and you do have rights to refuse it!

Hi all its all gone wrong. Had my scan and he is oblique breech. Currently on the ward incase my waters go. They are going to leave me until monday then its ecv induction or c section :-(

:hugs: im sorry hun...but ya never know ive heard of babies flipping during labor!
Also, the risk for a breech birth, assuming you have a careprovider who has done them, actually isn't as bad as everyone thinks. Would you be open to that? If not, i would at least wait it out until the baby is ready to come...you never know the baby could turn...or you could try the ecv, ive heard it works well for some women :hugs: :hugs: Hang in there girly :flow:

Thanks hun, if he was standard breech they would be happy to leave me but because he is diagonal there is a risk of cord prolapse or an arm coming out. He has been moving all night tho so i m still hopeful. Would rather have the ecv than a c section tho. Thank you again for your support. X

:dohh: oh yeah, sorry dear, i forgot about the different breech positions :dohh: im praying for you! i bet this LO is gonna go to a good position so you can skip the surgery :hugs:

due dates are estimated anyhow! they really annoy me.

i know with my first son that the edd was eitehr two weeks early or two weeks late, because tehre was a month where he could not have possibly been conceived, as someone close to me died so i werent makign babies, i was depressed! ...

he was born at 42+3 weighing 7lb 13oz, by section as my induction failed miserably and caused him and i to have problems. in hindsight, i shouldnt have agreed to that induction but i went in to it blindly. i think he wasnt 'due' till my 43rd week.

i know its horrid, everything i wanted has gone out the window! might order some more cloth nappies to cheer myself up! just waiting til tomorrow for them to start shoving me about and to be honest i just want it over with, being here for three days is doing me no good, my skin has dried up from the air con and handwash and got upset stomach fro the food. cant wait to get home now!

you are so close and nearly done hun :hugs: just do what you set out to do, if medically appropriate. Dont lose your faith now, you've come so far :hugs:

did you get the ECV done?

omg he is here!! Sorry i havent been on before it has been quite busy!! monday morning the consultant decided i needed another scan to check that there was nothing stopping the baby from turning. well the scan was ok and nothing was showing to be obstructing or preventing the baby from lying normally soi was returned upstairs back to the doctor. they were all in theater performing planned c sections so had to wait til about 1 ish. the doctor agreed and tried to do the ecv to which the baby refused (thankfully!) it was then decided i had to go to theater there and then so i was gowned up shaved and told to wait 20 while they monitiored the babies heart rate to check he wasnt in distress from the evc. i was then told i would have to wait but only ended up being 10 minutes or so. I was soooo scared, i was dreading it but it was fab!! the theater staff were brilliant and my wonderful baby Alden was born at 3.39pm on the 26/01/11 weighing i tiny 6lb 1oz! he is lovely and he was def worth all the worry that came after but thats another story!!! thank you all for your support and good luck x

Congratulations hun :cloud9:
Im glad it was a positive experience for you :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"