Somebody must know??

ashley_gee89

Mummy of 3.
Reaction score
Wow. I haven't been on here for yrs! Since I was having my youngest who is now 3! Anyway.. me and OH have been TTC for the last 2 months after coming off the depo.

Last week I started lactating so I went to the doctors.. she sent off a urine pregnancy test and it has came back.. borderline ?? Now forgive me but how can you be borderline ? You either are or you aren't ?

I have a lot of symptoms and am going for bloods tomorrow but I tested bfn this morning?

Any help ladies? Tia xx

Someone who has a bit more experience with ttc may correct me.....but I understand that a hcg level of less than 5 rules out pregnancy but it has to be over 25 to rule in pregnancy. So you may be between those numbers. If you are using a 25+miu home test it may not be sensitive enough. Have you tried a first response?

I tested last Wednesday with first response and that was bfn but working it out it may have been too early. Docs test was the day after so thinking bloods will show a clear yes or no. I just used a cheap test today but not even a faint line.. nada

Swinging over from first tri... I don't know if I can help you at all with this...I have see others have the symptom too but sometimes it can be an infection also. The blood test will definitely be able to tell you!! When's your period due?

No idea! I've not had my af return yet after the depo! Congrats on your pregnancy and ty for replying!

Can I ask how long it's been since you have been off the shot?
** sorry 2 months you said...which is only 8 weeks. You could be pregnant but depo takes 12 weeks for the shot to wear off and they say if you haven't had a period by the 16th week you could be pregnant or should have your period. Depo was very weird for me and I did not like it nor did I go back on it!

I'd test again, it's the only way to know. There's a chance you could be pregnant and the blood test was taken when you were very early before your levels had reached 25. You should have a positive test by now if your blood test showed a level higher than 5 last week. Did they schedule another blood test? As if you were pregnant they would be able to tell by your levels.

Birth Control tricks the body into thinking it's pregnant which is why you don't ovulate. Since the Depo is just progesterone and not estrogen, same as pregnancy, I wonder if your body thinks that a pregnancy just ended sparking lactation. This could also be why your numbers are borderline. This is just a hypothesis.

I just googled it too and here is an interesting response

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/birthcontrolandcontraception/202952.html

It was a urine test they had done so I'm hoping the blood test is more accurate and gives me a definitive answer. Lactation is only one of my many symptoms but I did genuinely think it would be very quick to fall after only being off the injection for 2 months.. but then everyone is different and this also happened to a friend of mine. From the research I've done it seems it's more than likely gonna be a chemical pregnancy.. my OH works away and we last DTD 4 weeks ago.. since I haven't had a period I cant go by lmp but by when I could of conceived my hcg should be high enough to show on any test now.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I will update though :)

Birth Control tricks the body into thinking it's pregnant which is why you don't ovulate. Since the Depo is just progesterone and not estrogen, same as pregnancy, I wonder if your body thinks that a pregnancy just ended sparking lactation. This could also be why your numbers are borderline. This is just a hypothesis.

I just googled it too and here is an interesting response

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/birthcontrolandcontraception/202952.html

Was a good read hun which would explain the lactation but the depo shot can't affect hcg levels so I'm not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->