• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Someone slap me please

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
So I finally found a heartbeat a couple of days ago with my doppler. The only thing is, I can't find it now :( I literally sat for an hour tonight frantically searching but nothing. I'm now in a total state of panic :hissy:!!!

The only thing I could think of is that I haven't charged my doppler at all since the day it arrived and I have used it LOADS. So I was thinking maybe the reason it can't find it is because it's not picking sound up so much with the battery low. So I've stuck it on charge.

I'm even contemplating another private scan I'm so worried. DH seriously thinks I've lost the plot :blush:.

Please someone give me a slap and tell me to shut up worrying!!!

don't worry...i've seen nurses take awhile to find it, sometimes they hide. charge it up and have another go and if you are worried go to the dr or a midwife for a check up...

Please try not to worry yourself :hugs:

Im sure the baby is fine. Sometimes you can try a little to hard to find something and it seems impossible to find it.

I would advise that you put the monitor on charge and try again in the morning. If you still feel pg and have no serious pain or bleeding then chances are there is nothing to fear.

Try to relax as stressing is not good for the baby and keep us posted xx

Don't worry love, it is still really early. I didn't find my LO's HB till I was 11 weeks, and after that it was hard for me to find. Remember you baby is only about an inch long at this point in your pregnancy, it had LOADS of room to move around.

Don't worry, as said it's still early! I remember later in my pregnancy, worrying all day because id not felt my baby move and then couldn't sleep at night as I was scared something terrible had happened. I had a midwife appointment the next morning and was sooo relieved when I heard her strong little heartbeat!

Don't worry im sure it will all be fine. :)

where did you get your doppler? are they expensive?

Honey, I was constantly fearing for my baby when I couldn't pick up a heartbeat, at this stage they are so small that they can hide, I panic'ed so much and I had nothing to worry about, I'm sure your LO is fine, just playing hide and seek and enjoying the space why he/she has it, see your GP if your worried but I'm sure everythings fine

where did you get your doppler? are they expensive?

I got mine on hire from ebay. It's £9.99 a month. I figured once I can feel Beano move about I will send it back so it wasn't worth paying out loads for one as they can be up to £90!!!

Here is the one I have on hire:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140199432276&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr2_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=140194937416&itemcount=2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&usedrule2=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Honey, I was constantly fearing for my baby when I couldn't pick up a heartbeat, at this stage they are so small that they can hide, I panic'ed so much and I had nothing to worry about, I'm sure your LO is fine, just playing hide and seek and enjoying the space why he/she has it, see your GP if your worried but I'm sure everythings fine

Thanks for all your replies I feel a bit better now :blush:.

Is it normal to be able to find the heartbeat one day and not the next at this stage? I'm driving myself mad. Now I'm thinking I've harmed Beano by using my doppler too much. I really must give up google!!!

hun I used my doppler loads and I still do, even MW's have trouble finding the heartbeat at times which is why you see them at 16 weeks, its hard to locate it beforehand due to LO having so much space, relax and think positive x

I just read your little part about contemplating getting another private scan...i have to admit, so am i..i just want to know everythings ok and growing!!

ooooo guess what? we're the same dates :shock: :happydance:

Thanks everyone. I charged my doppler up overnight and had a listen this afternoon and I found it again :happydance:!!! I feel a bit of a wally for getting in a panic over a low battery on a doppler but I'm going to put it down to a blonde moment :blush: I can tell Beano is moving about now because the heartbeat kept fading in and out on the sound. I'm so relieved!!!

I'm still considering another private scan. I don't know if I'll book one so soon now. I might wait for a week or so. My 12 week scan is 3 weeks tomorrow so I'd ideally like to wait till I'm 11 weeks (if my nerves will hold out that long :blush:) because they do a free dvd after 11 weeks. I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with scans Soontobe!!! :rofl:

i never even thought about using a doppler from what stage can you hear the heart beat??

honey dont worry your lucky that you have heard it at all my midwife told me at 14 weeks there was a chance she would not be able to hear a heartbeat yet. an i might have to wait till next appointment. im sure there would be other visable signs if something was wrong. relax

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->