Someone tell me I'm being stupid!

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I am so superstitious. Yesterday was the 1yr anniversary of my Uncle's death - 8 December.
After I got home from work yesterday me and OH were talking about baby names. We obviously don't know what we're having yet but we started talking about girls names because if it's a boy we're sorted. My OH said he likes Stevie for a girl (he has never mentioned that name to me before). I said no I don't like it, while I had a confused look on my face, and then we moved on to other names.

Well, my OH rings me this morning and informs me that one of our friends died yesterday, the same day as my Uncle and his name is Stephen (we called him Stevie)! What are the odds? Now I am stressing that it's some sort of omen that baby died yesterday and I just don't know it yet but that I'll probably find out at my 13 week scan next week.

Please tell me I'm being absolutely ridiculous. Would you think the same thing? I'm trying to tell myself it has nothing to do with baby and that it just happened because my OH is very intuitive so maybe he somehow sensed the death but didn't realise at the time and just said Stevie as a fluke. :nope:

:hugs: I'd say things are fine but I know how 1st tri is so scary and hormones can drive us a bit irrational. It is a bit spooky though so I can understand your worry. Hope you can find peace until your next appt.

Thank you :hugs: that's the hard part - you never know if you're being irrational because of the hormones or whether you should worry! I'm that paranoid that I've made a Dr's appt for tomorrow morning to see if she can hear the heartbeat with a doppler.

I'm sure I'll look back on this and think 'what an idiot' but I don't want to stress for the next week either.

I wouldn't see it as a bad omen, at least you have a doctors appointment to put your mind at peace. For me I would see it as maybe your husband was thinking of the name in a way of having the friend that passed in the back of his mind? There have been a few times where someone I know has passed away and for reasons I didn't know of they were heavy on my mind, only to find out the next day they had passed.

I wouldn't see it as a bad omen, at least you have a doctors appointment to put your mind at peace. For me I would see it as maybe your husband was thinking of the name in a way of having the friend that passed in the back of his mind? There have been a few times where someone I know has passed away and for reasons I didn't know of they were heavy on my mind, only to find out the next day they had passed.

Thank you! I've spoken to OH about it and he hadn't thought of Stevie since we last saw him about 1yr ago so it can't have been that but it doesn't mean he didn't instinctively have something going on in his subconscious that he wasn't aware of. It could just be a complete fluke too - which I'm hoping it is!

I'd take it as a nice omen that the spirit of your friend has passed onto your baby. I do believe that when someone dies it is to make way for a new life. It always happens that way in our family. My grandma died just before I was conceived. I'm sure your baby is ok, hormones can make us think strange things (I realise my theory sounds strange!) and first tri is hard with so much uncertainty

I'd take it as a nice omen that the spirit of your friend has passed onto your baby. I do believe that when someone dies it is to make way for a new life. It always happens that way in our family. My grandma died just before I was conceived. I'm sure your baby is ok, hormones can make us think strange things (I realise my theory sounds strange!) and first tri is hard with so much uncertainty

Thanks Broody - although he was a friend and lovely man he was very troubled and was an alcoholic (died of liver failure) he had a lot of negativity surrounding his life so it scares me a little to think my baby will have his spirit, if that's what you mean?

Oh, that is what I'd meant! But perhaps don't go with my theory then. I'm sure your baby is ok though. Try not to worry

Haha well we never take on the same life when we reincarnate otherwise we'd never learn anything new so it's okay 😀

It went well thanks Flueky, took about 2 mins but she found heartbeat & it sounded perfect! So relieved because I know not everyone can hear it at 12 weeks with Doppler & that's normal too. Feel good going into my scan this week xx

I'm so glad Wish. I figured it was, but I know it's hard not to worry sometimes. My FIL mentioned he thinks someone he knows had a miscarriage. DH grabbed my hand to reassure me. My FIL doesn't know we are expecting yet. Anyways looking forward to your upcoming scan. Mine is Thursday :)

Thank you, I'm sure you are fine too! It's hard not to worry though so I totally get it. When is your scan?

Sorry it's been a crazy week. My scan is today. I think yours is too? Can't wait to hear how it goes :)

All the best Flukey! Mine was yesterday but today your time. Let me know how it goes xx

It went great. Healthy looking, forgot to ask what baby was measuring but heart beat was 167 :)

How did yours go yesterday?

That's great Flukey, very happy for you. I think mine went ok. Bub's heartbeat was 169 and the fluid measurements were good. Tech said she couldn't find nasal bone which can indicate Down's but Radiographer marked it as present so I'll get more clarification from the Dr when I go for my results with the combined blood tomorrow morning. Until then I'm quietly freaking out.:cry:

Oh I think if radiographic identified it, it sounds reassuring. Please let me know how it goes :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->