Something heavy in my pelvis

MamaBearG9

Reaction score
So, I’ve search everywhere with all kinds of keywords but can’t seem to find and answer... maybe someone can share some thoughts...

I am pretty sure I am expecting but multiple BFN has one Dr tell me point blank I was not and in all her years she has never known a test to be wrong; she then took a brief look at my rash and told me it was not Shingles. Two days later I went to another Dr who listened to my symptoms and took one look at my rash and said, “would you like the good news or bad news?” I said “good” she/we giggled as she said maybe she should re-phrase that, You have shingles.

So I will go for a blood test Monday and hopefully get results Thursday.

I am nervous, I have “friends” who don’t believe me but I feel like I have felt it from day 1 (conception)... is that weird?

Honestly my biggest question that I can’t find any info on is I feel like I have two weights sitting in my pelvis... I don’t know how to describe it... the sensation comes and goes... laying on my back or tummy I feel it, laid propped like I am now I feel it, I can only lay on my side so long before I feel a pressure pressing down. I have shingles under my right breast around to my back which makes it interesting and uncomfortable too.

Sometimes bringing my knees up to my chest or bending forward just feels weird around my pelvis.

So bloods have been taken the wait begins for me... is it all in my head?

I wish it wasn’t in my hips lol.
In the last couple of years I lost over 30kgs I could finally buy jeans and feel good wearing them...
I remember standing in front of the mirror a month or two ago and thinking man, I’m the skinniest I’ve ever felt, then laughing thinking you watch I’ll end up getting pregnant...
We shall see but all I do know is that my complete wardrobe replacement of jeans is no good to me right now haven’t changed eating habits have actually made positive fitness changes... oh, and that night that we weren’t so careful...
Waiting, waiting...

I am sorry that you have had such a hard time. It definitely sounds like it needs further investigation. What does your new doctor say about the issue?

She’s been great, I just so thankful she picked up on the shingles.
I told her all the symptoms I’ve had and she even admitted that yes the HTPs can be wrong. We all know that it is not common but it’s foolish to think they are ALWAYS right.
I’ve had blood taken this morning for a quantative hCG test... not my preferred way to find out in a small town when it’s all still on the downlow.
Anyway, I go for results on Thursday... I am nervous, whatever the result my partner and I are okay with it. I’d rather have positive happy thoughts and feelings going around my body as I wait... stress is not good for babies or shingles,

Have you missed your period? When did you take pregnancy test (dpo)? It is possible to have bloating very early on in pregnancy that can feel like a weight in your pelvis. I will say though depending on when you took the HPT, it is very unlikely to get a false negative if it was taken after a missed period. There are two possibilities to my knowledge that can cause a false negative pregnancy test, one of them being that you are further along in pregnancy then you thought and it's causing what is known as the hook effect. This is where the HCG levels are too high and cause the test to "overload" and show a negative result (or very faint positive). The other reason is the HCG hormone in your body doesn't react well with the HPT, which is very rare but possible.

I'm looking forward to an update from you and hopefully your blood test results will be ready soon.

Have you missed your period? When did you take pregnancy test (dpo)? It is possible to have bloating very early on in pregnancy that can feel like a weight in your pelvis. I will say though depending on when you took the HPT, it is very unlikely to get a false negative if it was taken after a missed period. There are two possibilities to my knowledge that can cause a false negative pregnancy test, one of them being that you are further along in pregnancy then you thought and it's causing what is known as the hook effect. This is where the HCG levels are too high and cause the test to "overload" and show a negative result (or very faint positive). The other reason is the HCG hormone in your body doesn't react well with the HPT, which is very rare but possible.

I'm looking forward to an update from you and hopefully your blood test results will be ready soon.

Twins is a strong possibility so the hook effect would not be impossible... I’ll post when I know.

Twins is a strong possibility so the hook effect would not be impossible... I’ll post when I know.
When did you take the pregnancy test in relation to when your period was supposed to be here? From what I know in early pregnancy twins cause a very positive pregnancy test (meaning nice dark line). If you took the pregnancy test before a missed period (or around that time) even if you were pregnant with twins it should still show positive. If you weren't having twins from what I've noticed the hook effect can occur as early as 5 weeks pregnant (so a week after a missed period). The hook effect usually shows up showing a faint line, but still visibly positive just not super dark. Everyone is different but most take longer to experience the hook effect. Do twins run in your family? The chances of having twins if you're not on any type of fertility treatment (ovulating more than one egg without fertility treatment is genetic) is less than 1% for identical twins and about 1 to 2% for fraternal twins.

I've had months while trying to conceive both of my girls (took 2 years each roughly) that I swore I was pregnant but ended up getting my period. The symptoms of early pregnancy can be very similar if not the same to AF arriving (a cruel joke by the universe in my opinion). I wanted to be pregnant so bad that I convinced myself I was and when I found out I wasn't I was devastated.

I'm not trying to say you're not pregnant, in fact I really hope that your instincts are right. I just think with as hopeful as you are to be pregnant you should still keep in mind the chances of not being pregnant.

When did they say you'll get the results back?

I took tests after the bleed, then after ten days, then 14, one at the hospital, one at the drs surgery (had done one that morning).
I’ve had irregular periods my whole life, only after losing the weight did they start to regulate but my body still never got into a real rhythm and I would skip a month every so often. My last period was August 22nd but there were very limited opportunities to conceive during that time as my partner and I still live in separate towns.

I am totally aware of the possibility of not being pregnant and in some ways it would be a relief so my partner and I can be more sorted. But que sera sera.

Apparently after speaking to my mum twins do run in my family on both sides and my partner is an identical.

When did you take the pregnancy test in relation to when your period was supposed to be here? From what I know in early pregnancy twins cause a very positive pregnancy test (meaning nice dark line). If you took the pregnancy test before a missed period (or around that time) even if you were pregnant with twins it should still show positive. If you weren't having twins from what I've noticed the hook effect can occur as early as 5 weeks pregnant (so a week after a missed period). The hook effect usually shows up showing a faint line, but still visibly positive just not super dark. Everyone is different but most take longer to experience the hook effect. Do twins run in your family? The chances of having twins if you're not on any type of fertility treatment (ovulating more than one egg without fertility treatment is genetic) is less than 1% for identical twins and about 1 to 2% for fraternal twins

Results reveal is Thursday 25th

Apparently after speaking to my mum twins do run in my family on both sides and my partner is an identical.

Results reveal is Thursday 25th
As far as I know (I'm no expert) whether or not your boyfriend is a twin won't effect you being pregnant with twins (since it's based on how many eggs you're ovulating). That's exciting that twins run in your family! I've always wanted to have twins, they're so cute.

I really hope you end up being pregnant. I'm sure that will be super exciting for you and your boyfriend.

Glad that you are getting to the bottom of it. Looking forward to the results on Thursday, whatever they may be.

Glad that you are getting to the bottom of it. Looking forward to the results on Thursday, whatever they may be.

Not this time. Apparently my Shingles are yo blame for the majority of the symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->