Something's wrong with me?

todteach

Dreams can come true
Reaction score
Advice needed. Okay........five months ago I had a miscarriage, I've been loosing handfuls of hair recently. I have discovered that I have (gross I know) warts on my hands now (only ever had them as a child but on my feet! And just last night I fainted, passed right out on the floor. I was really scared as when I came to I had no idea where I was for a few seconds and to top that off, my husband works nights so I was all alone.

I called my husband (who was said he would come home, told him I would be fine), then my mom. Mom's first questions was did I eat (yes) and was I pregnant (no not yet. i ovulate next week. did a preg test just incase but it said no) Mom said that she had fainted before when she waitressed (years ago) while carrying trays to a table (happened a few times to her while she was working there). She blames it on stress. My sister has been known to pass out too.

Is this a hereditary issue? Or do I have low blood sugar? What is happening to me? I'm very scared that this will happen again.

Umm, it's probably best you see a Dr incase it's something serious. Not sure about the other syptoms, but my friend passes out sometimes and his mum is a nurse, she checked his blood sugar (which was fine) and instructed him to drink at least 4 bottles of water a day (he drank iced tea a lot too) incase it was dehydration. It seemed to have helped him, so that could be an issue.

My blood pressure suddenly drops sometimes (my mum has low blood pressure too and palpitations(Sp?) sometimes) and makes me feel like I'm going to faint. I've never actually fainted, but I've really really felt like I was close to. So THAT could be an issue.

I'd say, if your mum has suffered from a similar thing, then it's highly likely it could be something hereditary. I'd definately get it checked out though, so you know exactly what it is and how to manage it. :hugs:

xx

Really unsure.....and a little panicked about the whole thing. Don't think it's dehydration, as I'm always drinking water (way more than 4 bottles a day).

Maybe blood pressure? Could be heriditary? I've really worked myself up over this, and I know that worrying can't help. Trying to relax.

I am also a migraine sufferer, although I didn't have a migraine last night. I had an AV malformation, that caused a cerebral aneurysm when I was a child. Hopefully it has nothing to do with this..........I had a CT scan done earlier this month (routine check, nothing to do with the fainting), will get my results Dec 11th.

I'd go back to the doctor now and say that you're worried about it. I have really low blood pressure and most of the time don't even notice it but I do go through phases of feeling like I'm going to faint most days. There will at least be a few things they can check straight away (like blood pressure) to rule them out.

Hope everything's ok :hugs: x

Hi Todteach.

Just a thought but pehaps you should check for aneamia.
When I had my D&C back in August I lost over a litre of blood and was put on iron tables for 6 months. I have a near fainting spell at least 4 times a week at the moment, definitely been worse since losing the little one so I would guess our situations could be the same.
I definitely think you should have a word with your dotor and have it checked out.
Plus, this is going to be your month for your :bfp: and you want to be as healthy as possible so you can love every minute of if :)

Huh, I never thought of that? Would it effect me five months later, do you think?

Depending on how far along you were with your miscarriage, your hair loss could have something to do with that:

When certain hormones, like oestrogen or testosterone, are produced more rapidly or their production is reduced, certain changes in the body can lead to hair loss. For example, after a woman gives birth to a baby her hormones may enter a resting phase while the body returns to its pre-pregnancy state. During this period, usually three to six months after delivery, women may notice an increase in hair loss. Fortunately, the hair loss is usually temporary and tends to subside in about twelve months.

I'd still go see your GP though, just to make sure. I don't think it's all related to each other, but should be treated non the less. The warts should be able to get frozen, the hair loss is likely to go away by itself, and the fainting (depending on the cause) probably won't get treated. Apparently 3% of the A&E cases are fainting related, it's very common. But depending on what's behind it, it might need to get treated. Low blood pressure being one of the possible causes.

Hope you'll feel better about everything soon!

Hi hun
Losing your hair is down to stress, sometimes we think we are not stressed out but our bodys are its because really we are stressed out cause what ever is bothering us is at the back of our mind such as pregnancy loss & wanting a baby,

I suffer from migraines and last week i was having non stop headaches and feeling light headed and going dizzy when i was sitting down , The headaches and the dizzy spells got so bad and the gp sent me to hospital as a emergancy and i was put a ward on ground floor it was rank pooh on toilet seats and heroin addict taking the stuff on the ward ...

They took blood from me did reflex stuff follow my finger with your eyes all that stuff and said they wanted to keep me in for a ct head scan and if that come back normal they would take fluid from my spine to see if somthing was a bleed in the brain,

I signed my self out cause they could only do this the following day i could not stay in that ward for much longer it was terrible,

I had the headaches for 2 days after i signed my self out and went to see doctor on friday just gone which was my headache free day ...

My doctor said if i keep getting the headaches they will book me in for a ct scan and
could be i had a mad mulitple migraine attack

My doctor then asked me about my periods and i told her since i had icsi in june my periods have gone from 28day cycle to 35 day cycle and i am only having a 3 day bleed where as when i was on the 28day i was having a full 5 day bleed .....

She said sometimes hormones etc can cause you to have headaches and feel really dizzy and then brought stress into it and said could be stress and went on to say that i had been through so much and just having a loss recently can cause so much strain on your body because even though i dont feel stressed my body is so maybe hun this could really be down to stress down to your recent loss and just hurt,

If everything is normal blood pressure and you been eating and drinking enough fluids then it proberely is :hugs:

Not to put a loophole into this, but another thing could be thyroid issues.

I suffered a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and it was then my doctor tested and I have a borderline underactive thyroid. This probably contributed to my miscarriage.

Another thing, thyroid issues can cause low blood pressure and feeling faint or having fainting spells.

Thyroid affects a lot of cells and workings in your body so I would be apt to ask your doctor to check your thyroid levels when testing for anemia too.

Thanks so much for all of your advice! By the way: my sister has Graves Disease (thyroid condition) and my mom has lupus.

I'm hoping to "wake up from my nightmare soon". Honestly, I'm having a really difficult time. Wish I wasn't and am doing everything in my power to "get better". I don't remember ever feeling this terrible before. I have officially hit rock bottom. Yuck! Also terrible ache in my left shoulder today. Hope I just slept funny on it last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->