Sometimes baby is really quiet on doppler...

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
Anyone else find it's hard to hear baby some times? I have been able to find baby every time I check ... but here's how it's gone... Friday, the day I got the Doppler, I found it right away and it was loud, Saturday the same, quickly found and loud, Monday was a bit more quiet, today was really hard to find and was very quiet, and only heard for 3-5 seconds before disappearing..... I know I don't need to worry because I heard it still and it was still around 160-170... but I'd like to hear from y'all, my sanity-stabilizing peeps!!! Anyone had their babies do this??? He/she wants to worry me I suppose... or knows I'm making pumpkin pie and wants some so is hiding until I eat some!!!!:haha:

Hiya, try not to worry too much. It all depends on what position baby is in as to how well you can hear them. With my second son the mw could never find his heartbeat as he was always in obscure positions! Xx

I keep hearing that until about 11-12 weeks it was easy to find the heartbeat and then after that it was tricky. Most likely since baby is starting to move more and isn't in the same spot like he/she was early on.

I can't wait to find the heartbeat with my doppler. OMG, I'm like dying to hear it!!

I'm really not too worried, since I did hear it be it quiet and short, just want to hear other people reassure me that it happens to them too lol, does that make sense?

Mine goes quiet sometimes when its loud i feel like its mixed in with another sound because it sounds different, i cant always pick up a steady rate on the screen either but it sounds the same speed as always, sometimes i doubt its the heartbeat but i posted it on here and everyone said it was x

Anyone else find it's hard to hear baby some times? I have been able to find baby every time I check ... but here's how it's gone... Friday, the day I got the Doppler, I found it right away and it was loud, Saturday the same, quickly found and loud, Monday was a bit more quiet, today was really hard to find and was very quiet, and only heard for 3-5 seconds before disappearing..... I know I don't need to worry because I heard it still and it was still around 160-170... but I'd like to hear from y'all, my sanity-stabilizing peeps!!! Anyone had their babies do this??? He/she wants to worry me I suppose... or knows I'm making pumpkin pie and wants some so is hiding until I eat some!!!!:haha:

I think we're life twins because I went through the SAME THING today and thought I was going crazy. I guess s/he can move around at this stage and be somewhat out of the doppler radar (as I call it). I have to admit though, I was worried! I found it really quickly at first, then it went away, and tried finding the HB again and couldn't find it for a half an hour! I was determined to find it just one more time before I put the doppler away... and finally I did, it was FAINT, but it was fast as usual and it was there so I was reassured.

I guess this is why a lot of people don't recommend it; it can cause unnecessary stress! But I think it's worth it. :)

Oh and I just tried it again and found him/her RIGHT by/underneath an artery. So it could be that you can't hear your little bean sometimes because the sound of an artery is overpowering the sound of its little heart!

Yeah it's happened to me too. When I first found the hb (8+4 onwards) it was always in the same place until about the last week, now it seems to move, sometimes it's really quiet and I'm having to angle differently to get it clearly and it even moves while the Doppler is on. Iv heard it kick too lol! As long as you hear it and it's similar bpm as usual I wouldn't worry xx

Heya, I'm a trainee midwife and I just wanted to say, yes baby can wriggle around which makes it quieter. But they can also be under the sounds of the placenta so your doppler can't pick it up so well. It's totally normal and if it's there then it's there. I found my baby for the first time a few days ago and it was very quiet :) xx

O guys.... see, that's why I love y'all and this forum!!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!! I've still been sick off and on and my poor boobies feel like they are going to explode off my chest they hurt so bad lol!!! I've had another awful headache the last three days again, my Dr thinks it's just the change in things with placenta starting to take over !!!! I say, I want to hurry and get past this as I don't take medicine as a rule because I don't like them, so I've just been suffering through them.... I have found that peppermint oil rubbed on my head in a few places takes the pain away immediately but only for about 20-45 minutes.. long enough for me to fall asleep though so that's good!!!

Baby for me is always right under my own pulse just about a cm to the left of the middle of my pubic bone lol I get the heartbeat symbol flash on the doppler but then it moves and my heartbeat interrupts the counter lol I timed 10 seconds of it and it makes baby's heartbeat about 170-180 :)
I got really bad headaches last week thought I was going to have to take the day off work I caved in and took a paracetamol and the headache went and thankfully didn't come back :) it could also be from not drinking enough too.
Can't wait for Friday, scan day!!! :) x

I bought a doppler last week, and first tried to find the h/b on Friday, i found what was actually my heartbeat and thought how easy was that, until i counted and was only just over 80 beats per minute then read all the info on the net about it being mine.
I can hear the whooshing which i presume is the placenta, but i can't yet hear the h/b, i thought id got it as it sounded a lot quicker than mine but within a second it had gone, so im going to leave it a week or so and try again, I suppose it's still really early.

I found heartbeat nice and strong again yesterday!!! I guess it's true that baby just moves in there!! I have been drinking a ton so I don't think it's hydration, but sometimes my headache feels better when I eat good!!! And sometimes nothing helps, luckily it's gone for now and hopefully won't come back!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->