Sometimes I feel like...

I've been getting this more and more lately. We were moving house over the weekend and Aisling has been very unsettled lately if I put her down which was making things a bit difficult with packing etc. Another friend was there with her baby and more than happy to leave the poor thing moaning and crying in the next room while she got on with stuff. I got the impression they thought I was skiving going to Aisling, checking she was ok, giving her a cuddle etc - all I got was, Oh leave her she's just attention seeking - and what exactly is the problem with that?! She's 10 months old for god sake!

I remember telling my BIL about Aisling's fake cough when she started it. When we saw him next we showed him - if DH or I coughed, she'd cough back at us - his reaction was why encourage her doing something annoying?? :wacko: I found it really cute and a great sign of her communication skills developing :D

Why would someone think that's annoying?? They are learning! All of the boys did it, I thought it was so cute...not at all annoying. Just like them laughing, learning new words, mimicking things we did....they are just learning

I think it's so cute when Dexter fake coughs. If I say 'oh have you got a bad cough?' He'll smile and do it again. We sit and cough back and forth at each other for ages :rofl: He thinks it's a fun game.

Leyla fake coughs too, it's very cute! It took me a while to realise what she was doing but when I've been playing with her and then leave her for a few minutes or turn to talk to somebody else, she coughs. If I say 'awwww cough cough' at her, I get the biggest grin. I see it as her reminding me that she's there and the most important person in the room :)

I think it's so cute when Dexter fake coughs. If I say 'oh have you got a bad cough?' He'll smile and do it again. We sit and cough back and forth at each other for ages :rofl: He thinks it's a fun game.

He was sooo cute doing it the other day :haha:

He was sooo cute doing it the other day :haha:

hehe, yeah and his mental fake laugh too 'ga ha ha' :rofl:

I had my first proper comments today. Mum has always sort of skirted around the issue, suggesting I try CC and telling me to keep trying to put her in her basket etc.

Anyway, I went to visit my parents today while OH has been at work and was complaining about MIL and SIL staying recently and disturbing her and her getting overtired, somehow got to mentioning that OH and I sleep in shifts and she sleeps on a V pillow in our lap at night. Conversation as follows "pff, you want to put a stop to that right away...", "why?", "...a friend of mine was saying recently... they faffed about like you and their youngest is still in with them aged 7/8", "aw well... I was really hoping I might share her marital bed :wacko:", "just put her in her bed and stop being pathetic", "we're happy to hold her and she'd cry until we did...", "well then you should feed her properly", "er... what? she feeds perfectly well", "well, if she's not hungry and she's tired then she'll sleep in her cot", "doesn't really work like that...", "well, your mother and I never had any problems...", "we were ff, easier to settle and, either way, do NOT lecture me on parenting", "well stop complaining then"

He's always been an ignorant arse and arguing is pointless so I'll just leave him be for... a few weeks/months/ever? :lol:

Sometimes I feel like I'm alone in having 'faith' in my baby.

Maybe it's just because I read a lot of BnB... but from she was born I wasn't giving myself a headache that she was trying to manipulate me, or that I was making a 'rod for my own back' (although I confess to wondering if I might regret my actions a teensy bit later) But I decided that she would never be more in need than when she was new.

I too have faith in myself and my baby. We go with the flow and I wouldn't say I follow any parenting school of thought in particular. I find myself agreeing with the attachment parenting school of thought and wish I'd have known about this earlier - only heard on the baby club forum!

Generally I'll try things if I feel they're appropriate. Obv. there are certain 'ways' that I personally don't agree with but I guess other ppl make them work. I've found that I've got my own ideas about the kind of parent I aspire to be and that's based on the kind of baby Ethan is.

I do think it's rude of ppl, family or not, to blatantly dissagree so viciously with how ppl choose to raise their children. Why is it often mil or mothers!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->