Sonoline B

Beneli

Reaction score
Hi all :) I finally got a Sonoline B doppler today and I'm having a heck of a hard time finding my LO. I'm 12w3d. My midwife very faintly found it (in the 150's) at 11w6d. I swore I found it for a few seconds but I've tried a few times since and nothing. I see now why people say not to get a doppler! I'm starting to panic as I just recovered from the flu and had a low grade fever. Any tips or words of comfort would be greatly appreciated!!

Watch some videos on Youtube!! Seriously! They have a lot of great techniques :):thumbup:

Most midwives refuse to even try until 16 weeks for this exact reason Hun. In my last pregnancy I didn't find DD until 13 weeks. Maybe pop the Doppler away for a few weeks and enjoy your pregnancy.
If like me there is no way you can just forget about it, try with a full bladder. Maybe pop a pillow under your hips. No joy, then empty bladder and try lying flat. Don't try after eating, lots of bowel sounds then.
In a few weeks you'll hear baby easily every single time!

I had one but I didn't buy it til 16wks- even then it was tricky at times!

Watching the YouTube videos for me is what convinced me I found mine so easily at 10w3days.... seriously watch them and do what they do!! Are you looking far enough down? Are you pressing in just a Tad? Are you angling the wand towards the cervix... here is my video from when I found mine... hope these tips help!!! Keep us update!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=32wDWQX5ITs

Ok...I tried again this morning and I THINK I got a hold of it. I've watched a bunch of videos but doubt myself as to whether I'm hearing the right thing (amazing I can't distinguish a fetal heartbeat after having 2 kids already!). Does anyone else find the Sonoline B hops around alot on the heartrate? Mine kept jumping from 130-140-160's...

Did you watch the videos on YouTube that show you the difference in sounds? It was very helpful for me.. the baby's heartbeat is very distinctive... your heartbeat will be slow and loud, the placenta will sound slow and quiet and the baby should be relatively fast... mine takes a minute to reach the peak of the bpm but once it's on baby it doesn't skip around!

Maybe you could post a video of what You're hearing and we can help you out?

I borrowed my friends and could only find it first thing in the morning before getting out of bed when my stomach was empty and my bladder was full, it was right in the centre just above my pubic bone or just to the left of it and angling the doppler to the right or downwards :)
It was hiding under my own heartbeat this morning so was hard to angle it to hear it lol and it sounds like I'm brewing a tornado inside aswell because it was right under the placenta too lol it's a lot of trial and error but definitely start in the middle and rotate the doppler around instead of moving it around. Hope this helps!! :) x

https://youtu.be/WnYHyjn4Sg0

Found this video the most informative of the noises too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->