Soo effffing pissed off with dh's doctor !!!!!!!!

Mummyxofx2

Reaction score
Ok so me and dh had agreed that he would get a vasectomy as they won't do tubal ligation because I'm so young and honestly I don't want it don't because both my mum and grandmother had it done and both ended up having adverse side affects which led to a full hysterectomy. Well anyway dh went to doctor today for referral doctor told him it costs $6000 (which I'm 98% sure it doesn't) that it is irriversable and a much bigger procedure than tubal ligation =0 he told dh to con me into having tubal ligation done as its free and that its a much simpler procedure and much more reversible and that no man should ever go through it. Wtf!!!!!!!!!

o_O jeez what a shmuck!!! It's stories like this that make me pleased that we have the nhs... for all its faults!!

I think maybes he needs to find a new dr ...

I'd be raging! Typical male point of view. My oh is going for the snip, I will have given birth to two of his children it's the least he can do. These days they can do it in a lunch hour.

I'm so bloody fuming right now. How dare he say stuff like that and it costs under $1000 I'm pretty sure and done in a 20-30 minute sitting now dh don't want it done so now I'm going to have to go back on the pill which gives me migrains monthly with a screaming newborn and 2 other children to look after. I'm not happy

Also here they don't advise women under 30 to be sterilised. I just said to hubby, no snip= no sex!
We will wait a year or two though after this bubs, just in case we change our minds about how many we want.

It's the same here. They won't do tubal
Ligation under 30. Tubal ligation is classed as surgery where as vasectomy is a procedure. It's just pissed me off so damn bad I'm not even talking to dh now. I warned him his doctor was fucked in the head because he tried telling me I didn't need anti d for negative blood group like wtf?????

Please excuse the French I'm just so angry at both dh and doctor. Ill be booking in with my doctor this week to get a second opinion.

A vasectomy IS reversible for one. My father had a vasectomy reversal, so there is lie nunber one. Two, yes its painful, but he gets drugs. Why should it always be left up to us women to worry about birth control?!

Sorry I'm popping in from second trimester. God, I can't believe men. My dh is also fussing about a simple vasectomy. I don't understand. We go through pregnancies, watch our bodies morph before our eyes and work to get it back after baby not to mention childbirth and they whine about a simple procedure?!!! Grrrrr. My dh is being A child about it as well and I don't get why! It's so simple. That dr of your dh is a mental case! Who says that?

That's ridiculous... A vasectomy can be done under local anaesthetic FFS !!!!
Doctor sounds like a moron!

If ur dh wants sex then too bad... We're going through very similar... I don't know if I wanna have my tubes done and they may not do it because of age... Dh is over 30 and can easily have the snip with less of an issue... However he's scared of needles

As if its not bad enough that men are already wimps and try to get out of that stuff... Then add on doctors talking em out of it... We don't have a chance!

I'd be filing a complaint against that doctor too :growlmad:

My DH is also a bit funny about having a vasectomy. I've told him its not negotiable. We plan on having 3/4 kids and making a decision after number 3, and then he can have the snip. I am not getting my tubes tied, it's an invasive operation for God's sake and my body will have been through enough after conceiving, carrying and pushing out 3/4 babies. So no way am I putting it through more!

He doesn't want to have it done and keeps making little comments about me being sterilised. Er no. I am also not going back on hormonal birth control because it messes me up and condoms hurt me. So no sex unless he has it done basically. Or he can have sex with me and take the chance of another baby (an option for me because I'd have loads if he would let me, but not always an option for other women I know).

Get strict. No sex unless he has it done. It is easily reversible. And make sure you do something about that doctor too, highly unprofessional and quite frankly, he's clearly an a****** (excuse my French) if he's convincing your DH to try and bully you into having your tubes tied.

I will be making a complaint about him once I ring up the urologist and get a price and information. What doctor gives misleading information =o phrase also said that a vasectomy is a cosmetic procedure where as a tubal ligation is a form of birth control.
I said to dh last night no sex until he has a date booked. I will be breast feeding and will go on the mini pill until its done but he will get less sex than he does now until its done lol

What a prick!!a vasectomy is FAR easier than a tubal ligation!a tubal is invasive surgery

That's horrible. I don't see how he can say a vasectomy is worse than a tubal which requires major abdominal surgery and a v can be done as an outpatient procedure. I'd probably cut DH off if he wanted me to take meds that make me ill when he could just have the snip and be done with everything in a day or two if we were sure we were done. I think when we think we are done was are going to have to go with condoms as I can't use anything else until we do make up our mind. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->