Soo excited ! :)

lucy_smith

Reaction score
I don't know I you will remember but my bf was one of those guys that said he wanted kids but not yet. He also said he doesn't now when he wanted them. Last night we discussed it and he said that he will be ready for children when the house is built ! It was the first conversation where he was actually into the idea ! He said he isn't in a rush to get the house finished but he said we can have one when the house is complete !!
I have a timeline! So excited !
And I'm organising the build so the more organised I am the sooner it will happen !! This is such a move forward for us I'm so happy!

Aww, that's great, it's so much easier when you have a clear idea of when you can start trying. When do you think you're house will be done? :)

Arrr that's great news, exciting times to come!

If I have anything to do with it I'm hoping to get it done for next summer. I'm going to make sure I'm as organised as I can possibly be! Im also hoping bf will let us ttc before its finished when we get towards the end of the project. I'm so excited :) when do you guys think you will be ttc ??

Aw that is brill! We still don't have a date but we have just bought a house (on hogmanay) and we are cracking on with getting that set up. It is such a nice feeling when things finally fall into place!

That's great news ! How much do you want to do to the house??
I haven't built ours yet but I just keep looking a bathrooms and kitchens, I just can't help myself !! Lol

Well lol - we need to do about £3000 of damp proofing before we even touch anything! There is artex in every room which could have asbestos in it so we have to get everywhere plastered. We have ripped out the kitchen and are ordering our new one tomorrow. We need new flooring and wall coverings throughout. We would like new windows as the ones just now are quite old but they are double glazed so we will make do for now. Pretty much ripping out the whole place except the bathroom (which we will tackle next =P)

What kind if kitchen are you getting ?
Sounds like you will be busy for a little while ! :) it's exciting though don't you think?
I love redecorating, that's what I'm most looking foreword to !

When do you think you will be ttc?

That's so exciting! Great, too, that you have something else exciting to keep you occupied in the meantime. Congrats and good luck when the time comes :)

My fiance and I are going to create a plan this week when we will TTC. He knows I'm eager and says he's ready so fingers crossed it will happen soon!

Congrats, that's awesome news! :hugs:

Having a timeline and your SO being broody as well really helps things. WTT has been easier this time around for me because my DF and I both agree that so far the plan is to wait until May/June of next year and if we're ready then we'll start trying right then but if we aren't ready yet then we'll wait another year. :D

Azureorchid you will need to keep us updated On your plans ! Fingers crossed you haven't got too long a wait ! :)

Thanks kalonkiki, I think that knowing he is on my side makes the wait easier !! And having the house to focus on helps too!
I love it when he mentions it :) I was half asleep in bed reading a book when he came over gave me a cuddle and asked if we could make babies. How funny ?? I said no as I was half asleep and then was like yes if you want too! His reply was 'just not yet. '
Any of you talked to your partners resently about your future little ones ?

Thanks kalonkiki, I think that knowing he is on my side makes the wait easier !! And having the house to focus on helps too!
I love it when he mentions it :) I was half asleep in bed reading a book when he came over gave me a cuddle and asked if we could make babies. How funny ?? I said no as I was half asleep and then was like yes if you want too! His reply was 'just not yet. '
Any of you talked to your partners resently about your future little ones ?

For a while we were talking about it a lot, but DF wants to wait before we talk about it again. We've just talked so much about it and he's afraid that if we keep talking about it all the time he's not going to be as excited about it when the time to TTC gets here because he already starting to get overwhelmed and burnt out on the subject, so I'm going to try waiting until next year around the time that we'll need to start preparing (we plan to sway for a girl, so we'll both need to start taking supplements and eating the "girl diet" at least 9 weeks before we start trying) to bring it up again.

Thants understandable, it will be difficult not to mention it but the fact that he actually tells you what he thinks is good, I'm just so happy that my bf is coming onto the same page. Hopefully he doesn't end up changing his mind !
I cannot wait for the day he turns around and says he thinks we are ready ! :)
I don't want to wait too long as I have endometriosis and I'm not sure how long it will take me to conceive, my family also have a history of early menopause so would prefer to try sooner rather than later for that reason too.

Was sat watching one born every minute last night , bf even sat and watched it with me :) then we discussed me being in labour and then we went to bed, did you know what... We are currently using the pull out method, but last night he didn't. I'm so excited :) bf is one of these guys thr never discusses things. These things happen when they happen is what he always says. Do I need to bring it up with his ? Or just carry on as normal and see what happens ... If we where to fall pregnant we would both be happy, so does it make me a bad person if we don't have the ttc talk? Would we be classed as ntnp? Even though it isn't official?

Honestly, if he continues not to pull out then I would say that you're NTNP. I'd just go with the flow, you don't need to have a talk with him. He knows that you're ready, so I would just assume that he's ready too if he's not pulling out and if he had a serious labor talk with you. Congrats hun! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->