sooo tired! formula??

ButterCup17

Reaction score
So I'm back to work now and exhausted. My lo goes to sleep at 9 every night and will sleep til 1am. However, after that he usually
Won't go back to sleep. I feed hin and he falls asleep but once I put him down he wakes up. We do this like 5 times and by then it's 5am and time for me to start getting ready for work. He will stay asleep if I keep him on my lap after I feed him but that means sleeping in my glider, which I've done just to get sleep, but it's so uncomfortable and I ache the whole next day. I'm not doing well with only getting those four hrs of sleep and having to work all day. Is it true that formula will make them sleep longer? What if I gave that at
1:00? I really want to ebf but I'm really struggling here...:( suggestions?

Lol I need to get rid of that countdown on my signature haha

Not true at all in our case, in fact it made her sleep worse because it upset her tummy.

In your situation I would bring baby in bed with you after he wakes at 1.

Yup I find co sleeping and feeding is so much better. I can't imagine having to get out of bed to make a bottle!

I've tried that, but our mattress seems to be too soft, he rolls into me and I'm afraid he's going to suffocate or something, plus he still just screamed the whole time when I've tried it anyway. He literally has to be laying on me, like with me sitting up :(

Maybe try one formula bottle at the 1am feeding and see how he goes? Does he have silent reflux or anything like that? I could never co-sleep either I'd get no sleep worrying I'd smother them.
Big :hugs:

My LO did this after her 3am feed. She would struggle and fight until 6am. We started her on ulsanic last night and she went back to sleep within the hour. So maybe he does have reflux.

There are formulas out there that are easier on stomachs and those that can be used while combi-feeding (we have the latter). She has one bottle each night before bed, she usually sleeps at least 3.5-4 hours (sometimes 5) after downing it. IMO it's worth a try.

I would suggest trying it because baby is not a great sleeper and anything is worth a shot but I feed my lo breastmilk and formula and she does not sleep longer after her formula bottles. Some babies just have different schedules and need to be up more. I hope you find a solution, its not easy being that exhausted all the time :-(

It's definitely worth a try! You could also try some rice cereal before bed? We started our LO on cereal at 3 months (early, I know!) but he has reflux really bad and we were willing to try anything… we can thicken his bottle of BM with it or spoon feed before the bottle, and it seemed to help his reflux and he also started sleeping through the night once in a while (maybe 4 times over 3 weeks). But overall he sleeps longer with it.

Also our little guy will go through phases… sometimes he'll do exactly what your describing, and then the next night he'll sleep 8 straight hours, it could just be a little fussy phase that he's going through!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->